How do you mark an ad sold

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N9TSL, Jan 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N9TSL

N9TSL Ham Member QRZ Page

As the title says, how do I mark my threads sold? I've looked all over and can't figure it out.

Thanks and 73, Tracy N9TSL

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Simply hit "report" in the lower right corner. You cannot mark your own ads "sold" - only a Moderator can do that.

You can also hit "reply" and just say "SOLD" and we'll catch it most likely, but that might take more time for a Moderator to see.

Best bet is the "report" button. That triggers an alert in the "Mod Forum" and one of the many Moderators will then respond as soon as they can.

I hope that helps

Dave
    W7UUU

N6MST and K2HAT like this.
  3. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well one of the last items I sold I did just that, and it's still not marked as sold, other than me saying it's sold as you instructed.
    Guess it was over looked. . . .

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just hit "report"

Stop and think about how many items are listed and are sold in a day - with a moderation staff of a handful of volunteers with full-time jobs :) Sometimes "sold" posts just slip through the cracks. Posting "Sold" in the thread is perhaps the SLOWEST way to get it changed. Hitting "Report" elevates the request substantially, as that causes an alert in the Moderation Control Panel that we all see. Make sense?

Just hit "report" one more time please, in the thread in question and will get marked "sold"

Thank you for your understanding

Dave
    W7UUU

5. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I understand perfectly the first time Dave, please don’t take offense.

I know there’s no magic wizard behind the curtain.

I’m just saying that report doesn’t always work, that’s all I implied with absolutely no malice.

I know you guys do that for free and it’s your time, thank you for your service.:)

6. W7UUU

No worries Curt! I didn't know if you knew the process and just wanted to make sure :)

It's all good, my friend

Dave
    W7UUU

7. N9TSL

N9TSL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Dave

W7UUU likes this.
  8. VE3CZI

VE3CZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Have some of past postings still listed.
    I belong to groups.io where one can DELETE ones listing .
    Any chance this could be implemented on QRZ.Com ?
    This would avoid confusion, leave more space on the server and remove the time the moderator takes to make these changes.
    73 Norm

9. W7UUU

Good morning Norm,

See Swapmeet rule 4.5: No Delete Policy: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/swapmeet-rules.638787/

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ likes this.
  10. VE3CZI

VE3CZI Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL Tnx Guys...Found the answer!
    Norm