ad: Radclub22-1

How do you mark a post solved or resolved?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by WB2IHB, Feb 16, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB2IHB

WB2IHB Ham Member QRZ Page

The title says it all.

2. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It depends. Please provide a link to the specific post.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

4. WB2IHB

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

6. WB2IHB

7. WB2IHB

But how did you do it so I can do it. By you doing it does not teach me how I should do it.

There is no for sale tag in the upper right of my post. Anyway, I did not run a for sale post - it was a want post.

8. W7UUU

That part in RED. Applies to all Swapmeet ads - not just For Sale but also Wanted ads

You're just clicking "Edit Thread" and clicking on the "Wanted" flag and you get a little pull-down to change it to "Found". It's very simple

Dave
    W7UUU

9. WB2IHB

I don't see it on my screen. I am running Fire Fox. Maybe that has something to do with it. I am not stupid. I am 75 with a BSE EE degree. Something is amiss here.

10. WB2IHB

I do not have edit thread on my screen. I have an Unwatch Thread. That's it.

11. WB2IHB

All of a sudden Thread Tools has shown up on my post. That was not there before. What did you do to allow that to be visible????

12. WB2IHB

Hello - answer please!

13. WB2IHB

It could be that somehow the ad did not have me as the originator in which case the Thread Tools would NOT have shown up. That was a new post so maybe there is a failure mechanism to associate me as the originator of the post. Maybe the administrator doing the Found process somehow reassociated me with the post after his marking as found. I know Thread Tools was not there prior to my post being marked as Found by the moderator.

14. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it's your browser. Firefox can be problematic and it's often a caching problem. You should see Thread Tools in the top right corner of each of your For Sale and WTB ads. This type of problem disappeared once I switched to Chrome.

15. WB2IHB

Thank you for that. I appreciate you stepping up so I don't look like a fool.

K8VHL likes this.