How do you log your contacts?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by W6GQ, Nov 17, 2008.

?

How do you log your amateur radio contacts?

1. Paper

90 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Electronic

152 vote(s)
    58.2%
  3. I keep them in my noggin!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I do not keep a log

15 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. W6GQ forgot one (LIST BELOW)

4 vote(s)
    1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K7KKV

K7KKV Ham Member QRZ Page

WHAT IS LOGGER32 SOFTWARE,WHERE DO I BUY IT?COST?THANKS
    KF7ESL
    JASON

2. W6ECE

W6ECE Ham Member QRZ Page

In the 1940's we were required by law to keep a log for a year. I did. You should see all the pages with CQ after CQ and no answer. But I logged them all. The FCC Man was just outside watching and I did not want to get caught generating modulated hertzian waves without logging it.

Bernie

3. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Jason,

Just Google it. You can't buy it -- it's freeware (though donations are always accepted).

Bill

4. CT2JUT

CT2JUT Ham Member QRZ Page

I use electronic logging program on my laptop at home.

When running mobile or portable I still do logs, but this time on paper, and later transfer to the PC.

5. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD logbook. Beginning with v5, it is a standalone application and works perfectly with QRZ XML subscription...

6. KF7ATL

KF7ATL Ham Member QRZ Page

Logging

I use a paper log. Don't get me wrong, I have a computer and know how to use it, but I prefer paper. The power never goes out, and the hard drive never crashes!

7. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

I keep my log on a custom made Lotus spreadsheet. And I keep the normal info. + I almost always get the brand and model of radio used just for fun and future reference so I can look back and see what was popular at the time. :D

8. KD0JZI

KD0JZI Ham Member QRZ Page

I personally use paper to jot down the info. Once I get so many or as time permits, I have a database I created on my PC that I transfer them to.
    From there I upload them to EQsl.cc and LOTW, plus my personal website.

9. KF5CSW

KF5CSW Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I got my tech license last year, I've been using a MS Word file (2003?). If I forget to save, autosave takes care of it for me. Works for me at the moment.

10. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a paper log. I have a whole box of older unused logs. IDK about 20 years old or so. I also have notebooks this old. I really like paper, particularly old paper. You know how an old paperback book gets a yellow tarnished color on the pages(not from nicotine either)? Well my logs and notebooks are the same way. I just love how they paper feels and the smell of the paper when I flip the pages.

Did I mention that I like paper?:D

Besides, I am 22 years old and use excel at work, school, and home all of the time so it gets monotonous. A computer not very intimate it doesn't give the same emotional response. Then again I'd much rather read a book than to watch TV. I guess I'm just of a different breed....

Sorry about the mile long post but I really like paper.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.