ad: cq2k-1

How Do You Keep Your Key From Sliding Around?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W5BIB, Jan 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've tried various ways over the past 57 years & finally just decided that holding it with my free hand was the only real solution. :(

Just recently, I discovered this 'sticky-pad thingy' on ebay & decided to give it a try !!!

HAPPY DAYS :):):) - The "thingy" works !!! - No more "Slip-Slidin' Away"

Thought I'd pass this info along.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1EaLarge5-...d=263409085220&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Disclaimer: I have NO interest in this product or seller except as a satisfied buyer.

Steve / W5BIB

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I just use that stuff Lowes Depot sells to keep rugs from slipping on floors. One for a 36" door mat will provide a LIFETIME of material for less than what that ad is listing it for.

They also sell "non slip" drawer liner material that's much the same.

I'm out of state on business so can't shoot a picture but will when I get home.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and W5BIB like this.
  3. W5BIB

cool... except that I'm 25 miles round-trip from anyplace that sells that stuff.
    I got two for $17.00 (free shipping) & only had to walk to the mail-box ;) Besides,... he's a ham & sells some other CW stuff for keys that I ordered.

Steve / W5BIB

W7UUU likes this.
  4. AA4OO

AA4OO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WA7PRC likes this.
  5. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use these, especially when running my Kent SP-1 as a cootie where I slap it around

http://a.co/dTM12rU

You can cut them to size and they are almost too sticky ..

73 KQ4MM

KB2SMS and W5BIB like this.
  6. W5BIB

Nice QRZ biography !!

Steve / W5BIB

7. KC3RN

KC3RN Ham Member QRZ Page

That's what I use. Works great.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's also all over Amazon for under $10 for a 25 foot roll - more than a lifetime supply

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and KC3RN like this.
  9. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an old mouse pad that works well for that.

I guess younger people probably don't know what a "mouse pad" is.

WZ7U and N2IIE like this.
  10. W7UUU

Huh? I am surrounded by "young people" (my kids and all their friends) and all of them fully know what a mouse pad is.... they all use them and all know the term.

Has something changed very recently in that area?

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.