ad: dxeng

How do I up load photos to a new post?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB4D, Aug 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KB4D

KB4D Ham Member QRZ Page

Excuse my ignorance but I can't find how to up load photos.
    Thanks for your help.

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

GreetingsFromVA2.jpg Select Upload a File on bottom right, then select your photo(s).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    AJ4GQ likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Well, not so fast :) Using the image button next to the smiley is for an IMAGE LINK... like from Photobucket or some other image hosting source. You must first upload your image to that 3rd party host, the paste the link into the "image link" box. Very often those links break, and the image disappears. In the case of an ad, that will cause the ad to be deleted by a moderator for "no photos"

A MUCH better way really is to click "Upload a File" in the window where you do your post in the first place. The button is just to the right of "Post Reply".

The difference is the image uploads to the QRZ servers directly and absolutely stays stable. This is much preferred over using the "image link" icon.

Just be mindful of where your cursor is on the screen - wherever you leave your mouse cursor is where the image will be placed!! So it's best to write your ad, then click in the white space below any other words - hit "return" if you need to make sure of having white space. THEN hit the "Upload a File" button, point to your photo on your computer, then upload it.

You will then have a choice to make all the images "full size" or just one or two - your call. Most folks prefer if you hit "Full Size" so they don't have to click one at a time to see them bigger - they just scroll.

I hope that clears things up a bit :)

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

caught & corrected

W7UUU likes this.
  5. KB4D

KB4D Ham Member QRZ Page

I finally uploaded the photos. Thanks

KJ4VTH and W7UUU like this.
  6. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Didn't there used to be a sticky specifically about this? I don't seem to find it now.

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, there was a very helpful how-to post by W6GQ.

8. W5ZYM

W5ZYM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can photos be uploaded to the "WANTED" section of the Swapmeet?