How do I remove my name and address from QRZ?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KJ4VEF, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed, but I don't care who sees my address. To me if someone shows up at my door step, it is a new friend until you try to mess me over then my dogs will get ya. I blame the XYL she won't stay in one house very long and I go where she goes. haha

BTW....Enough discussion on this topic. Question has been asked and answered Please move on

2. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Tim,

I had an XYL like that myself, once upon a time.

Funny thing was, everytime we moved, we still had the same mailman.:D

Bill

3. N4CR

N4CR Ham Member QRZ Page

I had an XYL like that myself, once upon a time.

Funny thing was, every time we moved, she showed up at the new location.:D

I ended up having to move without telling myself that I was moving...

4. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Even canceling or revocation of a license will not remove the current information from the FCC ULS and FRN CORE databases. It will simply reflect those changes. The only way that info will not continue to point to someones home address is if it originally was a PO box--or they move.

Entering a PO box as a change of address will not remove the street address either--as that information is still held in the dB. I discovered this just a couple days ago when entering my two previous calls into HamCall.net.:mad:

5. AE7HF

AE7HF Ham Member QRZ Page

Next they are going to post your credit fica score, your ebay feedback, etc. I miss the birth date. FCC finally removed the Birth date year. I loved having that. I personally keep my work address on mine, I'm there more than the house. My wife updated to the house address though on hers.

6. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't I already say this on Page 1 or does it have to be posted on every page so that people think it is a new idea?

7. M3ONL

M3ONL Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do some get so hot n bothered over something so trivial, sheesh take a prozac and chill :D

M3ONL

8. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. I haven't been my original call for 27 years, but searches still refer to me.

9. K1CJS

K1CJS Ham Member QRZ Page

A sensible answer. Whatever the reason, the man still doesn't want it in the QRZ database. There are other sites that reference the database from here for callsign lookups, and removing the personal data here removes it from those other sites as well.

10. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Prozac is an anti-depressant. How exactly will that help me "chill" ???

I think the issue is that some people actually think they can not go on the air until they see their call in QRZ. No one is questioning the fact that site is a tremendously valuable resource, but they have absolutely nothing to do with issuing licenses or making changes to the FCC database and I honestly believe that some people just aren't making that connection.

In the latest Technician test pool, the three conjoined letters "FCC" appear 62 times, but the actual words "Federal Communications Commission" appear how many times? C'mon, take a guess! The answer is ZERO! Given the fact that many people just study the test pool without the benefit of any other test material, it is plausible to assume that a total newbie might not even know where their license comes from!

People interested in getting their license find QRZ through a search engine or the recommendation of a friend. They ask questions in the forums and take the practice exams enough times until they are getting good enough scores to pass. One's entire pre-licensing experience can be had right here! This is why some people incorrectly think that removing their data from this site will make their information go away. It won't! Getting a PO Box at this point in time solves nothing because his original address with ALWAYS be available in the FCC database.

EDIT: The first response to surrender his license (not have it revoked) is probably the best answer. Then he can start over from scratch, but this time use a PO Box with his initial application.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.