How do I remove my name and address from QRZ?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KJ4VEF, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KJ4VEF

KJ4VEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,

I would like to know how I can remove my name and address from QRZ.

Thank you,

2. W9IUF

W9IUF Ham Member QRZ Page

Contact the FCC and have them revoke your amateur radio license.

They are the source of this data and your name and address are available many places because licensing information is public information. So you would need to remove it from the source (the FCC), then it will get out of the feed being sent to QRZ.

3. M3ONL

M3ONL Ham Member QRZ Page

I will give you a sensible answer to your question, Go to your call page and click on "Detail" tab..then click "edit record" and then click "update callsign data"...from there you will be able to delete your name and address but your call will remain.

M3ONL

4. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

If you don't want to do something that extreme, you can scroll down the main page to QRZ.COM Callsign Database Helpers and ask them. W9IUF's point was that even if your data is removed from QRZ, it still exists, and always will, in the FCC database. You could get a PO Box and do an administrative change in your license, but this does not remove your original license information from the database.

Unless you are in the witness protection program (are you???), then I really wouldn't sweat having your personal data in the database.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If it's that worrisome perhaps firearms, appropriate training and large guard dogs might be in order.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't beat the guy up! He knows what is best for him, and it is a reasonable request.

7. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This information is not correct for those holding an Amateur Radio license issued for US Amateurs.

This data is controlled by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and is public record. If you want your data removed and you are a US Licensed Amateur, Surrender your license or if it is because of your mailing address, get a PO Box then log on the ULS and CORES systems and submit an admin update and have the PO Box address listed.

The FCC needs a valid address to be able to contact you.

8. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

But if you go to a website like vanityhq, you will be able to see his old address even after he gets a PO Box.

In your case Tim, vanityhq shows that since 1992, you had 3 addresses in Morehead, KY and 5 addresses (so far!) in Greenup, KY. (Gee, you seem to move a lot!)

So changing his address now is really pretty pointless. The damage has been done.

9. WB8MKV

WB8MKV Ham Member QRZ Page

...say something political ten times for fives day in a row..that should do it

10. KQ6BC

KQ6BC Ham Member QRZ Page

Just taking it off QRZ won't do much.

In this internet age, I believe anything that is on the net is likely to always be there in one form or another. Google will turn up even a prior call that hasn't been used in almost 20 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.