How do I obtain access to manage a Special Event callsign?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KB7VML, Aug 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KB7VML

KB7VML Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be using a Special Event callsign W0M in conjunction with the upcoming solar eclipse and would like to include QSL information on a QRZ page for the duration of my reservation of the callsign. Unfortunately, the 1x1 callsign is currently showing as managed by another ham from an event back in April.

How do I obtain access to manage W0M for the period I have it reserved?

Link to database showing my reservation for W0M: http://www.1x1callsigns.org/index.p...om_jumi&fileid=4&action=recDetail&recid=14043

Thanks!

Paul
    KB7VML

2. KB7VML

KB7VML Ham Member QRZ Page

Jumping back in here on my own thread to close this issue out and note how I got there for future reference.

The previous holder actually called me on the phone after he received my email asking if he knew how to release the QRZ.com page (thanks Michael!). After some fiddling around through the myriad menus, we found the right link to release management of the page. (Under "My Account" there is an option to release managed callsigns.)

KJ4VTH likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for this - I have one to release very soon and wondered about the process.... but I also need to back up the content as a sub-call under my current call for stragglers ...

But this at least gets me pointed in the right direction

Dave
    W7UUU
    (Former SES K1T)

4. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Dave,
    help1.jpg help2.jpg

Make sure you have a new backup copy of your html and css code.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    KB7VML likes this.
  5. W7UUU

Hi Lisa @N6QIC - I got it all backed up to www.QRZ.com/db/W7UUU/K1T and have released the K1T page, but left my details up for now - I no longer manage the call but thought just in case there are stragglers they'll still find the info for a QSL.

Make sense?

Thanks again for ALL your valuable help - I sure learned a ton about managing a QRZ page :)

Dave
    W7UUU (The ham formerly known as K1T :))

N6QIC likes this.
  6. N6QIC

The page looks good, you can keep that page up as long as you want. https://www.qrz.com/db/W7UUU/K1T

It was my pleasure Dave, Thank you for letting me be a part of your projects success. :)

W7UUU likes this.
  7. W7UUU

The only thing that didn't propagate was the header photo - when I'm back in the office tomorrow I'll upload it again. Not a major thing so I'm not too worried.

Dave
    W7UUU

8. N6QIC

Ok now I se, the default picture. Yes it just needs to be uploaded to the /k1t picture directory on the server. All pictures displayed in the page need to be in the picture directory on the server.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. W7UUU

Fixed - just uploaded a photo of me in the K1T shack - good enough :)

Thanks again for all,

Dave
    W7UUU

N6QIC likes this.
  10. N6QIC

Yes looks great. :)

help2.jpg

W7UUU likes this.