ad: M2Ant-1

How do I find my "Draft" of a Post I made?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by WA4D, Aug 11, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA4D

WA4D Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I clicked on Draft-- I've never done that before--- It's not apparent to me how to retrieve it?

Thank You
    Mike WA4D

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Where are you seeing a "drafts" button?

Dave
    W7UUU

3. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Go back to the topic of the post you were responding to,

If you previous text is still there -- at the bottom of the page -- then it was saved somehow (sometimes it will be saved in the cache or your browser). Normally to save what you are writing, you need to click the draft button and then click the "save draft" button from the drop down list that appears.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

OK - yes I know what you mean. I think it actually relies on your browser cache to "save the draft". As a function of the XenForo forum software, it's not a strong feature IMO. I too have had drafts disappear - and other times be utterly persistent even after I thought I had done an edit.

Dave
    W7UUU

W9YW likes this.
  5. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah,

It's really not that reliable I think.

6. WA4D

WA4D Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I wrote a post with photos and saved as a Draft to return to.-- I clicked Save as Draft.

Now I can't find it! Laughs. Is it somewhere obvious? Or do I need to begin anew?

Thanks

7. W7UUU

As I explained above - either your draft text will be there or it won't. XenForo (the Forum Software) draws from you browser cache. There is no place you can look for it - there's no repository of "draft posts" outside of what your browser has stored in the cache.

Please just begin anew. Don't leave the page until you hit "Post Reply" to be safe

Dave
    W7UUU

8. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Which forum? Was it a new post or a response to an existing post or thread?