ad: vanity

How do DX stations have QRZ DXCC awards yet not confirm QRZ contacts?

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by WO5R, Jun 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WO5R

WO5R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Of the 68 unconfirmed dx country contacts I have on QRZ.com, 51 are showing the QRZ DXCC award on their page. How do they get the award without confirming contacts on QRZ.com....is it a pay for play thing? Same issue with many stateside stations with the QRZ WAS confirmations....they have the award, but don't confirm. I have been playing at it since 2013 on QRZ....I know, it's just a hobby.

2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bob,

It's actually pretty simple. For example: Say I have a log on my computer. A log that does not exist anywhere except my computer.

So, then, as I get paper QSL's I add them to the confirmed list in my PC. Maybe after a while, sign in to LOTW or Club Log and upload my logs. I get more confirmations from other folks who are also uploading their logs. So far so good, right?

In the meantime, some of those other stations DX and local do the same thing. Then we all get a wild hair and sign up to QRZ and upload our mutual logs to this site. Now the QRZ logbook server looks at my log and looks for matches. As they find them; or if they find them, my DX count goes up.

It's just that simple. But, just because they have the QRZ DX award does not mean that you will also even if you have also worked that country. A match only occurs when your data and theirs match within the QRZ parameters. Then also consider that any given DX station may have many more QSO's in their log and because of that, they have many more chances for a match.

Finally, if a station in Europe for example, works a single USA station, that only counts as one DXCC entity, even if the European DX station had worked every US state. We only count as one DXCC entity. Just like some other big countries like Russia, Australia, China or even Japan, which is not a big country in land area, but a big country in terms of licensee's.

So, yeah, another fellow DX or local has a chance to have confirmations that you do not have and vice versa. It's all in the game. It's been that way forever way before QRZ was even thought of.

73 Gary

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For a confirmation to take place on QRZ logbook both parties must have a record of the QSO that match by callsigns, band, mode, UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. Also, QRZ accepts for credit LoTW confirmed QSOs.

In that you have Enabled LoTW Access, you have been regularly uploading your QRZ QSO records to LoTW but there is no recent record of your utilizing the Download from LoTW feature (under SETTINGS).

Your chances of gaining QRZ confirmations are increased by regularly downloading from LoTW.

4. WO5R

Thanks for info, not familiar with the download function. I will give it a try.

5. WO5R

Zc

Gary, thanks for the input. I think I see the solution. My problem was that most unconfirmed were many same entity contacts...one example 21 contacts with a single country, yet 14 were showing the QRZ 100 award on lookup, yet do not confirm...I will try the lotw download.
    Just curious why, I have had WAS and DXCC on lotw for many years, it seemed like pulling teeth on QRZ.
    Bob