How dirty is your shack ?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by M0XRZ, Aug 21, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
  1. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

My basement electronics workbench is a mess... there just isn't any way to build and troubleshoot stuff without tools and parts ending up everywhere.
    The upstairs operating desk is relatively neat :D.

2. W5WAY

W5WAY Ham Member QRZ Page

My shack is in my man cave, an outbuilding, which also serves as a coffee roastery, a workshop, and storage for my most valuable junk I don't want left out in the rain & such. My shack is actually in my 6'x13' "clean room" mostly apart from the aforesaid detritus. The problem is the clean room partition wall, as there is nothing on it--no sheetrock, no wall material of any kind, likewise the ceiling--just bare studs. And no door. :rolleyes:
    But I made some progress today. I moved a table in out of the main room (after knocking roughly 3' of junk off of it). Now I can get my radios off the sawhorses and plywood "table.":D

3. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When it comes to desks I will admit I am in a state of organized chaos. I don't really have a proper shack right now, just a KX2 on my desk where I do FT-8 and the temporary set-up on my friends kitchen table for the next month since I have the 4BTV at his place while he is out of town. Every once in awhile I tidy up but then I can't find things.

4. KG4LLQ

KG4LLQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I ensure I clean my cat's litter box daily. As for my ham shack, if the litter is fresh, who cares!

5. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My ham shack is organized, neat and clean. My work bench where I restore, trouble shoot etc is in the basement and a whole different story.

6. VE3CGA

VE3CGA Ham Member QRZ Page

yesterday I blew out the PC, and power supply out in the garage with the air compresser.
    things get read dusty here being down wind of all the farms just outside of town
    Honestly can't keep the dust out, its like livin in a gravel pit.
    Clutter is variable on this roll up tv stand, usually it just has the kybd, remotes and mouse,
    but now theres a clipboard, mug, pens and a few parts I'm going to use in the next project.
    After every project I clean up the workbench, but I swear the tools and parts breed like dandelions over night

7. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

My shack is a mess; besides storage boxes, parts, etc. it also includes a number of dead wasps.

8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Dirty enough to be comfortable yet not quite a health risk. My dear mother would disagree with the latter...

9. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Spotless.

I keep a shotgun by the door for dust bunnies.

KI7YQM likes this.
  10. WA3YAY

WA3YAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Not too bad. A lot of paperwork stacked here and there, but not dirty per se.