How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE4YOG

KE4YOG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We have had thunderstorms almost every day for the last 2 weeks. The time I have for radio is normally the afternoon after work. Guess when the storms have been happening. One storm last week took down my wire. It is safely back up but due the thunderstorms I haven't been able to use it.

2. W4ZD

W4ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been like that here too (North GA). This has been the wettest summer I can ever remember. The T-storms surely put a damper on operating, and there have been a boatload of them.

KE4YOG likes this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear your pain, the next 2 weeks I have a lot of work on, so i will be working the next 2 weekends. They money is great, but 2 weeks of no going out playing radio will be painful.

KE4YOG and KC8VWM like this.
  4. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

i got my 5000th confirmed QSO and 200th confirmed DXCC entity! (Franz Josef Land)

May not sound like much of a feat except it's all within the last 18 months since I returned to the hobby. Amazing what you can do when the bands are "Dead" ... and with a vertical antenna (that's for all you vertical naysayers)

N0TZU, W4POT, KD4IEM and 3 others like this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Lower latitude helps

6. KE4YOG

KE4YOG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am going to try to be on some mornings before going to work, I hope to get to add a few more on 80 meters. I have heard VK and ZL but I have not been able to complete a contact with my wire and 200 watts.

VK4HAT likes this.
  7. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

Was looking for a way to generate Morse audio using Python. Found that nothing simple exists and then looked at the unixcw package and its libcw library. I set about setting up Swig in the build system and getting a Python module working. Some more things to do and then make some patch submissions to the project maintainer. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the capability of the unixcw package. It's likely in just about every Linux distribution that has a ham radio section and on FreeBSD, at least.

KC8VWM likes this.
  8. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

Lisa, one day I'll run into you on the NTN.

You and your Doggies take it easy:D

N6QIC and WZ7U like this.
  9. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

Today, since propagation was not wonderful, I checked in to the Noon Time Net, I stopped at the Anaheim HO and took home the MFJ, SWR kit radio. This should keep me out of trouble for a time.

N6QIC likes this.
  10. W8LPN

W8LPN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well the last few days has been checking into WV fone net on 80 from my remote while at work, building my pi-star, testing on DMR a bit ( I have a really high BER and not sure why). Then talking on some repeaters. That is about it.