How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4FFAB, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

At least it was softball and not ham radio that did the injury!

I used to play baseball, quite a bit. One time at bat the crazy pitcher hit me in the place where the cheerleaders would yell, "GO NADS!" except our team wasn't the Nads.

KC8VWM likes this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I am bummed I missed that today. :( :( :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY! :D
    You young whipper snapper! :) ;) :cool:

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You still have time, his birthday is tomorrow Nov 6th. :)

WZ7U likes this.
  4. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

I am running a Special Event Call here today. VI4LWF, Lest We Forget for the Armistice Celebrations. 30w and a wire, FT8 on 20m anyone?
    20mft8.jpg

KC8VWM likes this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

:eek::):D:D:D:D:D:D

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Built a calibrated reference tickler coil for my upcoming CQ article. :)

KC8VWM, N0TZU and W7UUU like this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Go onto the Noon Time Net log via relay with Gordon, K7NNV because Klaus, AC7MG, is just too close. Got to wish Jimmy HBD by proxy, which will have to be good enough. Not sure if Jimmy heard me or not.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY!!! :)

8. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice Fall day, took out my portable antenna setup for a Noontime Net check-in and a few FT8 QSOs. Basic low cost tripod, Wolf River Coil, and MFJ 1979. Elevated counterpoise - just some wire and PVC pipe. I have more wire and another pipe to extend for 40m which I used for Noontime Net.

portable20m.jpg

K2CAJ, N0VFJ, VK4FFAB and 3 others like this.
  9. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Built a "kneeboard" to hold MTR-4B, Elecraft T1, battery, paddles and a 5x8 notepad. Everything tied down with 1/8" shock cord except the notepad, which is held with a low-profile clip.

Kneeboard fits along back of pack, and everything else fits in an 1150 Pelican box.

I probably won't get to use it until next spring. Western Washington is starting to get wet again.

10. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Looked up at my 80m invee, down at my inv ell feed, and over at the 20M vert, while blowing the leaves outta the yard. That was it for radio today.
    Mike N3PM