How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

hooked up a Heil Traveler Headset to my Kenwood TH-D74 HT getting it ready for the Miramar Air Show next month.

It was flaky and did strange things. Think it is related to some obscure setting somewhere. gotta be a COMPUTER GENIUS to navigate all these menus and junk!

Here is a transcription of the test transmission made on the ARC of El Cajon repeater about 4AM

"HELLO RAT HELLO MOUSE HELLO RAT!!!
    HELLO CAT HELLO RAT HELLO CAT"

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I prepped my small lot for an inverted V doublet, by
    1. installing an eyelet and pulley at 20' at my roofline,
    2. pruning a mess of branches and ivy 20' above the ground on the corner of my lot, 66 feet away, where I can raise a second pulley, and
    3. Setting up a mast base to chuck a 40' Spiderpole for the center.
    I didn't start out planning to make this a temporary installation, but it's looking more and more like I can quickly and easily raise it when it's time to play radio. On Monday I'm going to make the feedline and a 1:1 balun.

KO4ESA likes this.
  3. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

I had an MFJ-1260 Mic switch arrive on Friday. I had to elevate the FTDX-1200 a bit higher then the extendable feet allows, so I could slip the mic switch under the radio.

After too many times of quickly swapping the hand mic for the Pro7 headset, I thought about building a mic switch...then I found this little gem I didn't even know they had.

Anyway, a simple push of a button toggles between both mics. Perfect out of the box.

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

I spent several hours announcing on, and kerchunking repeaters, in hopes for a contact. It is Sunday, so no luck. Most everyone must be in church, or sleeping in.

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday was the Arctic ARC annual hamfest. A great showing...and we had three satellite talks....including one about our soon impending geosync bird. I gave a talk on out two new LF bands, as well.

KO4ESA, VK4HAT and KA4DPO like this.
  6. KA6IBM

KA6IBM Ham Member QRZ Page

jealous. :)

KO4ESA likes this.
  7. N0KEW

N0KEW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I carefully put my yaesu under the tire of my truck and ran it over a dozen times. Then I boxed it up and shipped it back to yaesu.

System fusion is crippled junk.

KO4ESA, N6QIC and WG8Z like this.
  8. KM6CND

Maybe a smart ham can come up with a "quick dis-connect" like we have at the gas pumps when silly people drive away with the hose still attached :cool:

KO4ESA likes this.
  9. KM6CND

So your the guy that keeps kerchunking our repeaters! We KNOW who you are:eek:. We be watching you...

W5TTP, KO4ESA and W4IOA like this.
  10. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Played a few hours in the WAE CW contest. Was a lot of fun in the early am working them on qsb 'highs'.

KO4ESA likes this.