ad: TheAtCo-1

How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Starting to look like I am a real ham. Slowly unpacking my crap and making The Nut Sack (see alternatives to shack thread) look more and more like home :)

20220105_102627[1].jpg

UT7UX, HA2ZB, W7TCT and 1 other person like this.
  2. VK4HAT

Even the rain cant dampen the view.

[​IMG]

KJ5T, K5EMG, HA2ZB and 7 others like this.
  3. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Fixed a couple Rat Shack HTX-10s. Both had the same problem, interment audio when you wiggled the volume control shaft/knob. Turned out to be bad crimps on the solder terminals where they connect to the carbon track on the control's little PCB, Strange problem, I guess there's some flexing going on around the control mounting area. Fixed by "re-crimping" with some big long nose pliers.

UT7UX, N4RBZ and WZ7U like this.
  4. AD4DQ

AD4DQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Repaired another Swan 500. This one works great even on 10 meters LOL.
    Fun radios. Ready to go back to it's owner.

BEFORE -------------------------------------------- AFTER

IMG_8007.JPG IMG_8020.JPG

Most caps were missing from the PA tubes
    IMG_8012.JPG IMG_8013.JPG

HA2ZB, UT7UX, W4NNF and 2 others like this.
  5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This past weekend was the good, old RTTY Roundup. I'm pleased with myself--about 350 QSOs. That won't win any prizes, but I can't go at contests like l could...well...seems like just yesterday. And it also seems like just yesterday the old Model 19 was clattering its head off. Do I miss it? Nope. As soon as I figgered out how to use a VIC 20 for RTTY, I used one. And today's setup--N1MM/MMTTY--is light years ahead of that futuristic Commodore computer. :)

upload_2022-1-10_9-8-10.png

HA2ZB, UT7UX, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  6. VK4HAT

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

That's nice wall paper Rob.

Don't collect so much you have to paper over the wonderful view out the "shack" windows. :p

8. VK4HAT

Not a chance I will paper over the walls of my fish bowl, I enjoy the view to much LOL

9. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

well, I know how I will be spending radio time this weekend, cutting up and disposing of the numerous fallen trees from last weeks winter event here in Central VA :-( ! Of course it happened when I was out of town and the wife had to deal with all the attending issues, power outage, generator failure, running out of propane, etc. etc. This was apparently a very unusual storm, just driving to and from work, I see (literally) hundreds of downed trees that were hastily cut up so they could be moved off the roadways and now sit on the shoulders or in ditches awaiting final disposition. This storm took out my HF and dual-band antennas including the new 40 m dipole that was just installed about a month ago. Of course, they are now saying we could be getting another winter WX event this weekend, boo hiss!

73s

10. VK4HAT

Doing a little tidying up and found these SWL reports.

_cfimg3356720571783440501.JPG _cfimg5100585852833430711.JPG

HA2ZB and WZ7U like this.