How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What a transformation! Very nice.

WN1MB likes this.
  2. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Monday 11/22/21 I finished the install of my new ICOM-7100 in the truck. I've been working on this project for about a month and now its finally done. Nice to have a mobile station again.

KE4YMX, US7IGN, WD5GWY and 1 other person like this.
  3. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good idea on how to easily lower the antenna. Nice.

4. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ WW DX 2021. 21MHz, trap vertical, CW, 100W. 24 Zones.
    map.jpg

N3RYB, KJ5T, KK5JY and 9 others like this.
  5. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ WW CW, QRP (5W). Not too much luck on higher bands, so I stayed at 80 meter (had more time in the evenings anyway).

This weekend I finished, tuned and tested my 6-element Yagi for 2-meter band. Deployed in the attic, and will be used in the coming local VHF/UHF contest, when I will move to the attic, as I do not have a rotator - so will have to do everything under the roof manually.

The next project is to set up a 10-element Yagi for 70cm on the same boom, so the antenna can be used for satellites and portable from a tripod.

I even completed a simple tripod antenna mount adapter as well, as early preparation for the springtime... :)

UT7UX, WN1MB and US7IGN like this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

So ... single band, exciter level, CW WAC in a weekend. Not bad. Too bad the bands are dead and nobody operates CW anymore. ;)

N3RYB, KK5JY, AD5HR and 6 others like this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I finally got around to making a page for the blocked call list patch for WSJT-X:

http://www.kk5jy.net/wsjtx-blocklist/

I'm not sure if anybody will try to pick it up for the default source tree, but after several weeks of operating, it seems very stable in testing. And it has been very helpful to keep the Q rate going.

Most people on FT8 do a great job, but for those few wayward stations who can't figure out how to send anything but their grid square, it's sure handy to be able to block that call and move on to other contacts.

It's like "spin the dial" but for just one call. :)

N3RYB likes this.
  8. N3RYB

N3RYB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahh yes, the folks with poorly configured bots or something usually. Or something. I want to believe they're bots. I want to believe humans don't do that poor of a job with mouse clicking. Why do they gotta make us look bad :D

UT7UX, KK5JY and KP4SX like this.
  9. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe all these "Click here to prove you're not a robot" are just front ends to someone's FT8 session and how they "automate" the process when away. :D

Chris

KK5JY and N3RYB like this.
  10. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

RR73, Will Robinson...

N3RYB likes this.