How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha! I should attach my KX2's tuner to it and see if it'll radiate. :D

I'm off this week, maybe I'll do just that. I'll ride the bike somewhere and hook the radio to it.

Chris

UT7UX likes this.
  2. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool!

In fact, it all started when I decided to find one receiver that my father had. And then I just look at the local flea market for something interesting no more than 10 bucks)

Of course, I still have a dream to find real old tube receivers that my great-grandfather had. And they are inexpensive, but I absolutely have no way to do something with them now and there is nowhere to store either (

Speaking of amateur radio. It so happened that I immediately started working CW on the iambic double-paddle key. But a friend recently presented me with a simple vertical key, and I began to transmit on it. It turned out to be not as difficult as I thought - just a couple of hours of training.

N8RKD and WZ7U like this.
  3. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The KX2 Tuner is pretty wild with what it will at least trick the radio into matching. I have no idea if it will radiate but you probably won't blow up the KX2 :)

4. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My very first Feld Hell QSO today during the DARC HF HELL Contest 80m round. Unfortunately I could only join for the last some minutes. But I am happy I could try this mode. It is amazing watching the characters coming in graphical format... Mr. Hell was a genius.

The 40m round is coming tomorrow, I hope I will be able to join in time. I want more of it :)

hell (3).png

PU2OZT, WZ7U, UT7UX and 1 other person like this.
  5. VK6APZ

VK6APZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9 Countries in 10 minutes this morning on my sunrise.

9 c in 10 min.png

PU2OZT, US7IGN, AE0Q and 3 others like this.
  6. AE0Q

AE0Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Merri AB0MV and I went to a local park Sunday afternoon/evening for a WWFF / POTA activation (KFF-0227 nr Denver). 20m was hot to both Coasts and also Jamaica and North Pole Alaska.

We had some big pile-ups. A couple of people told us that that they had been trying to break through the pile-ups for an hour--- one person 2 hrs!!! Glad we were able to work them. It's not a rare park-- we go there often, but still were able to hand out a new park contact for some to count towards their POTA awards. We pass the mic back and forth so each station works both of us, kept on working people till the band died (230 QSOs). The dogs were hungry and it was past dinner time.

We used a TT Eagle @ 100w and a single-band 20m EFHW to the top of a 32 ft mast behind the car.

Glenn AE0Q

02oct2021_labels.jpg Merri_Katie_01.jpg
    DSC_9366_Rainbow.jpg

VK4HAT, US7IGN, N0VFJ and 5 others like this.
  7. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

8. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

WZ7U and VK4HAT like this.
  9. PE1JXI

PE1JXI Ham Member QRZ Page

My QRP homemade transceiver ;)
    The uBitx at home and the 20 m Band handheld here a video

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    WD5GWY, UT7UX and US7IGN like this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was back at K-1042 for my second activation. I wanted to try it again in familiar surroundings to make sure my mistakes and mishaps (cut myself and bled all over the place, didn't really know how to assemble the antenna, forgot the laptop I was going to log on, got lost, had a problem with the power cable, etc., etc.).

Luckily all went smoothly and I made just over 100 phone QSOs in a little more than three hours. :)

upload_2021-10-9_12-49-29.png

W7TCT, HA2ZB, WZ7U and 5 others like this.