How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N5HXR

N5HXR Ham Member QRZ Page

It comes infrequently, but I am grateful for it, that's for sure! I was going to be building this thing a month ago, but stupid COVID and a hurricane blew my calendar up.

VK4HAT, HA2ZB, UT7UX and 1 other person like this.
  2. SA6CKE

SA6CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I did set up this bad boy for use as the shack 2m repeater talk radio. I made a power cable and programmed the radio. I have all the necessary equipment to program these Ericsson C700 radios, so it's not a problem. Took me about 5 minutes to get that as I wanted.

It doesn't have subtone, but the repeater also wakes up on 1750 and Sending an 8 on the CCIR Selcall will be sufficient to wake up the repeater.

And don't worry about the display, I have a front panel intended for a high mount of the radio so then the text will look clear.
    IMG_20210926_134608_small.jpg
    Now I just have to mount it into the proper position.

UT7UX and US7IGN like this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Busy weekend... There was, of course, CQ WW RTTY. I took my usual (in these latter days) relaxed approach to it, but had mucho fun. Took a break for the Fall KC4HGH Tailgator, had some more fun, worked with my fellow VEs to create some new hams, got home, went back to the contest and fell asleep at the rig mid afternoon! Now I know I am getting old. :D:eek:

Beautiful weather for the Tailgator...

upload_2021-9-26_15-30-53.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    W7TCT, KJ5T, US7IGN and 1 other person like this.
  4. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

This weekend I worked so few stations in CQ WW RTTY that today I uploaded the checklog only. :(

US7IGN likes this.
  5. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

This weekend I worked... Not, I played with my new toy - Eastern Germany radio 1972 Stern Elite N de Luxe R150-40 in wood cabinet. Look nice after polish. Sounds also nice, especially bass in this size. It missed some knobs and handle, but I will find similar.

IMG_20210925_114403.jpg IMG_20210925_120610.jpg IMG_20210924_142828.jpg IMG_20210924_161503.jpg

PU2OZT, W7TCT, HA2ZB and 3 others like this.
  6. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

US7IGN likes this.
  7. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, Bela!

My choice is limited by the modest possibilities of my workshop and a small apartment. All I have for renovation is a square meter on the balcony and two window sills for storage)

W7TCT and HA2ZB like this.
  8. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Today I did another SOTA activation. This time it was Meneka Peak, W4V/HB-041. I've done some mountain biking in the immediate area and thought I'd bike to the summit. Uhh, nope. The most direct route up was a mess of rock gardens and there was seldom a stretch longer than 100yds that I could actually bike. I ended up ditching the bike at the 1.75 mile point and hiking the rest of the way (in clipless mtb shoes!). Total trip was just under 8 miles roundtrip. A mild thunderstorm blew in while I was on summit, but the thunder was all off in the distance (with no observed lightning), so I remained until I got my 4 contacts. I had planned on loitering for a while, but I didn't know how bad the storm was going to get. I was using my Icom IC-V8 and a half-wave whip on 2m Simplex for this activation.

Lots of this on the trail:
    IMG_20210928_104035279.jpg

Ditched my bike here:
    IMG_20210928_123900503.jpg

Some nice views:
    IMG_20210928_124908903_HDR.jpg

Chris

HA2ZB, N0VFJ, W7TCT and 2 others like this.
  9. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice! I'm enjoying the work you're doing with those old radios. My grandparents had something similar, but I have no idea what became of it after my grandmother passed away. All I remember about it was that it received shortwave in addition to the normal AM/FM bands. I do have my dad's parents' old Magnavox Drum Console. It still works, but needs speakers (they're a bit crackly) and some other minor repairs to be 100%.

Chris

10. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it your temporary vertical's counterpoise? ;)