How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Walked in on a lark to clean up the logbook and through a casual spin through 20 got an atno in v73. Hearing China on 20 as well, it seems to be getting better out here. :)

N1VAU and VK4HAT like this.
  2. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked KB0FAE in Minnesota from NH on 7-14-2021 at 18:00 UTC on 146.52 FM using a V200 omni mounted at 25' with 50w

N0VFJ, KJ5T, WZ7U and 2 others like this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

FT8 15m is open to PR if you are about Bill.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was running 15 but didn't see any VKs tonight..

VK4HAT likes this.
  6. VK4HAT

I was seeing a lot of spots from KP4ZZ and NP3DM. I was not being heard by either, i guess they have more antenna and more power than I do. I have left WSJT running on receive on 15m but am going back to bed now, taking a damn beating by the flu.

EDIT: 2 hours ago, you were heard by VK4MA, he is 180km from me. So close but no cigar, yet.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

15 washed out about 2 hrs ago and the 'regular suspects' moved to 17. But bots don't have ears and just keep calling :)

8. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I ended up taking a last minute trip down to South Texas to pick up my FT-1000MKV Field from my mother-in-laws place. Decided to hook it up and make a few contacts during the CWT. The KX2, IMHO is a better rig for CW contesting because with the digital filtering I can make things very narrow. The downside of course is less power, I had been debating buying an amp and then using the KX2 as my primary CW rig and the FT-1000 for SSB and RTTY; however, I am thinking an FTDX-10 would give me the same very narrow filtering and might be the way to go, but we'll see. Nice to have the FT-1000 back on the desk and once I get things cleaned up I will add a new picture to the shack pictures thread.

Now only if I can get the other computer I picked up going, it is a Dell T5600 and is giving me hell trying to get Windows installed on it (I am sure if I had the recovery disk it would be much easier!)

9. VK4HAT

Finally made a CW contact from my new QTH while calling CQ. Only took 20mins of constant calling. Not a very easy copy for me, 33n and not much better for him 54n. But, i got @ZL1BWG in the log.

rbn.jpg

KJ5T and HA2ZB like this.
  10. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

No actual radioing yesterday other than to pack up a bunch of my stuff to take on our vacation to The Outer Banks (NC barrier islands). I'm going to try 6mFM while on the fishing piers and run HF SSB and CW from the beach house.

If I can get SWMBO to drive, I'll work the CQ VHF contest as a rover on the way down. :D

Chris