How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. VE4CY

VE4CY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I managed to snag an SSTV image from the International Space Station today. They're sending back to back SSTV images until the 26th of June 2021 http://ariss-sstv.blogspot.com/

I was using an Icom IC-9700 talking to MMTV SSTV software running on my computer, The antenna is a basic tri-band vertical. (Comet GP-95).

ISS2.jpg

KD2UHD, VK6APZ, VK4HAT and 4 others like this.
  2. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same activity over here, using my HT from the shack and 1/4 lambda GP in the attic.

2 of the 4 images captured yesterday and today, these are good quality ones:
    20210622_0738.jpg 20210622_1051.jpg

KD2UHD, VK6APZ, VK4HAT and 3 others like this.
  3. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I took an old radio for a picnic and decided to listen to what's in the air. There were practically no stations on short waves, but unexpectedly good reception on long waves during the day! The noise from the phone during shooting is very disturbing. But the excellent quality of the Polish radio, where there was a lot of advertising, and the Romanian radio with good music we likes.

And I receive this )

nfd2021.jpg

W5BIB, KJ5T, WZ7U and 3 others like this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

N0VFJ, KT4PH, HA2ZB and 1 other person like this.
  5. HA2ZB

What I told ;)... I am happy that the old boat anchor is doing well. Good radio and good job!
    By the way, I was not aware that LW NDBs are still in operation. Well, it is reasonable as a backup in case of GPS is off (hopefully never will be).

US7IGN likes this.
  6. HA2ZB

Nice Token of Merit received from Dutch PACC Team via postal mail.

These guys are very kind!

pacc_token.jpg

VK4HAT, WD5GWY and US7IGN like this.
  7. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

The guy lines of the radials of my vertical have finally broken and now it has become a vertical dipole)

But this morning I woke up at 03 UTC and managed, before the neighbors began to turn on their interference, to make short QSO with VU3NXI and K7JH on 20-ty.

VK4HAT, WD5GWY and HA2ZB like this.
  8. VK4HAT

Ok, so i have been trying to work some of the USA field day stations on 40m and no one can hear me. WELP :(

KD2UHD likes this.
  9. VK4HAT

Ok, I worked Alaska and Canandia on SSB. WOOP

N0VFJ, KD2UHD, HA2ZB and 1 other person like this.
  10. KD2UHD

KD2UHD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ran W2c as special event call with my club for field day. We did all bands and all modes in total we made about 1116 contacts personally I made 53 as a GOTA station and another 50 running 15 meter sub and 3 on 2m FM. It was a long contest!!

KD2UHF, KD2UYI, XZ7A and 5 others like this.