How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am sure you will get better quality with the Arrow than I did with my makeshift Moxon-Yagi. The signal was very noisy except 1-2 minutes.

Schedule is not clear for me, seems MAI-75 round is over, and I don't know if there are regular "standard" SSTV streams from ISS. Would be good.

Live SSTV shot of Earth is a great idea! Actually 1-2 more low orbit FM satellites would make me happy too... just with a better battery management...

VK4HAT and N5HXR like this.
  2. AD4DQ

AD4DQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a Heathkit HW-100 parts radio just to mess around with. Upon receiving it I wrote down the missing parts
    then set out to order what I needed. Both final tubes 6146's and a 6GW8 were needed I had the rest. I went with a 6GW8
    to 6BM8 swap and it worked out well. The radio needed a driver board, missing T-201 transformer, drive belts and all
    small coax cables under and the VFO cable on top. I installed the replaced parts and fired the radio up. I have receive
    but no transmit. The relays are not energizing. I checked and found both coils are open. I replaced relays with new
    then turned the radio back on and they work. I went through alignment and even worked a station in Spain at 1220 PM
    my time last night. I will have fun working DX with this old tube radio. I always like to have a project to work on.

IMG_6420.JPG IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6236.jpg IMG_6237.jpg IMG_6421.jpg

F8WBD, VK6APZ, WD5GWY and 10 others like this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked 2 wwff stations on 40m. One cw, one ssb.

HA2ZB, KJ5T, N5HXR and 1 other person like this.
  4. VK4HAT

5. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

VK4HAT likes this.
  6. N5HXR

N5HXR Ham Member QRZ Page

VK4HAT likes this.
  7. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

IMG_20210601_210512_433.jpg

Picture from last week but Rob's post inspired me to share here. A little vino and SKCC.

WZ7U, US7IGN, VK4HAT and 1 other person like this.
  8. VK4HAT

The wine is home brew to Josh lol

WZ7U, W7TCT and N5HXR like this.
  9. N5TJD

N5TJD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm continuing to test the limits of what my roof can hold.... After hooking everything up, the very first contact on 6m was KL7HBK in Alaska. I know it is at least 70% luck, but what a way to break in a 6m yagi. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    N0VFJ, WZ7U, VK4HAT and 3 others like this.
  10. VK4HAT

Working a few WWFF stations today. 10w and a wire, sorry about the camera rotation. No idea why its cattywompus.

HA2ZB likes this.