How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am glad I could contribute to your "/P" log yesterday :)

iota.jpg

Actually I do not remember if I ever had any other IOTA calls before... I checked the map after our QSO. Seems to be a very nice place I will have to visit once.

US7IGN likes this.
  2. DL4QB

DL4QB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hah, yes, thats very cool! Nice to find one of the contacts back here, very nice!
    Hope to see you soon again!

73 Andre

HA2ZB likes this.
  3. HA2ZB

And this evening an other IOTA call (Crete, Greeece), this time on PSK31:
    iota2.jpg

The other call is interesting as well, actually I did not know that inventor of the first torpedo submarine was a Spanish scientist and naval officer, Isaac Peral. AM5IP - Callsign Lookup by QRZ Ham Radio

I am always learning something - although I am only just sitting and making QSOs ;)

PU2OZT, VK4HAT and KJ5T like this.
  4. HA2ZB

Today a nice trip to the neighborhood, to castle ruins (Kisnána, North-East Hungary not far from my home). I took my HT with me of course, as there is a promising view from the top of the remaining parts of the castle.
    20210605_152312.jpg 20210605_161734.jpg

This is the Fount of the Sleeping Dragon.
    20210605_162036.jpg
    Several hudreds of years ago a dragon lived here in the hills in good friendship with the local people, especially with the Lord of the castle and his family. When the last member of the family died and was buried here, the dragon was in such a big grief, that he went down to the bottom of the fount and started a 1000-year sleep. He is still sleeping there, but sometimes he yawns and his breath brings luck. If you drop a coin into the fount and you cannot hear the knock, this means that the dragon is yawning (the coin fell into his mouth), so you will have luck. If you hear the knock, the coin fell to the scale of the dragon - no breath, no luck...

I tried this before going up to the tower, and although I could hear something, I am sure it was not the scale... And I had luck, I could make 3 simplex FM calls on 2m, and 2 more on a repeater in less than 30 mins. This is not an urban area with many stations, so I really feel myself lucky :).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    PU2OZT, KD2UHD, DK7OB and 5 others like this.
  5. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for adding a bit of local history and lore instead of just posting pictures! Wonderful!

6. HA2ZB

Thanks for the kind feedback! Actually I am always hesitating if this is not too much content what I am posting. Now I am relaxed a bit ;)

PU2OZT, W7TCT, N0VFJ and 1 other person like this.
  7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I got as far as putting up the portable antenna, only to discover the battery is flat. Lol its almost radio. In an hour i shouI d have enough charge to turn on the receiver.

20210606_124450.jpg

W7TCT, HA2ZB and KJ5T like this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Lol, of course mate. Remember how Oz is out to get ya? Another example right there. It's from the wallabies that live under the house.

VK4HAT likes this.
  9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Zero noise floor on 40m.

20210606_132218.jpg

PU2OZT, N0VFJ, AD5HR and 4 others like this.
  10. KB1MCT

KB1MCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Went over to Groton CT to operate N1S USS Nautilus for museum ship weekend. Had a blast!

KT4PH, KD2UHD, VK4HAT and 3 others like this.