ad: ProAudio-1

How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it's intended for DX angles, but it can also hear at NVIS angles.
    About one meter.
    Will do. It heard plenty of DX overnight, but the F/B isn't quite where I want it yet.

I guess that's not a bad order of development, really... get the DX first, then work on F/B ratio? ;)

HA2ZB and WZ7U like this.
  3. DG6ABI

DG6ABI Ham Member QRZ Page

i hadnt heard anyone from south america for a few days... now its fine again... 15 and 20m working fine again..

4. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had an FT8 QSO with a station in Chile on 17m on 2021-04-29 18:00:00 UTC and that was with my very poor primary antenna.

WD5GWY, VK4HAT and HA2ZB like this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Not much actual operation beyond using a vna to verify operational characteristics on a 40/20 dipole I hung today after procrastinating this for far too long. It's a sloping arrangement with the low end about 20'agl and the high side in excess of 50'. Looks like almost a 30° incline, don't like the compass orientation, just temporary as a test for now. Needs slack adjuster for when the tree moves in the wind. It may grow roots depending on how the contest weekend treats it. Fed with 80' of RG11 type cable, lightest coax I had on hand. No pics yet, my phone took a mental siesta and a replacement isn't due till next week sometime. Listen for CN86jc.

Thank you and good evening.

VK4HAT likes this.
  6. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to radio. But my crap is all on boxes.

PU2OZT and W7TCT like this.
  7. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Echolink? Is there a 'down-under' version of RemoteHams? :)

VK4HAT likes this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

But Rob, just keep the eyes on the prize mate. In a relatively short period you will be back from a much improved location. Looking forward to it!

VK4HAT and W7TCT like this.
  9. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was playing with my J-Pole in the attic, as I could not reliably connect a VHF repeater on 2 meter, which is not even so far away, but somehow did not work for me. I can hear well, but I can't get through. Actually that is the repeater where there are regular round QSOs morning-evening every day. There is no real life on the other ones which I can easily access... I could not manage the radio contact, so first time I decided to use Echolink to join the party. Worked well, but this is not radio...

We went out to a fishing lake in the afternoon, nice place, nice weather. I took my HT, and had some QSOs, so it was a good time. I could even meet a very rare and protected animal, one of the two domestic venomous snakes in our country. I would not call it a dangerous animal - our vipers' venom is not much stronger than a wasp's sting. (I can already hear a loud laughter from Australia :D)
    20210501_152322.jpg

Later I spent some time with ARI DX CW Contest. Mainly the 40 meter worked for me.

VK4HAT, US7IGN and W7TCT like this.
  10. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked the 7th are QSO party from Crook County Oregon

HA2ZB likes this.