How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-2
  1. AD4DQ

AD4DQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Rob. The 350 can easily do 200 watts out with good 6HF5's. Tnx Greg.

2. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do not have personal experiences with this kind of antenna on HF, but the literature mentions it as a very effective antenna for 10 meter and even on the 20 and 15 meter bands. It had enough time to prove, the first publication of it was issued exactly 60 years ago :)

N4RBZ likes this.
  3. KI5PMV

KI5PMV Ham Member QRZ Page

New ham here. Got my license on 4-20, made my first contacts and interacted with the Bella Vista Radio Club last night with my HT. It helps being close to the repeater. New radio arrives today, picked up an Icom mobile with a mobile antenna as well as a power supply. Now I need to figure out how to log contacts on QRZ.

N0VFJ, WZ7U, N4RBZ and 2 others like this.
  4. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't do anything ham related today but I might have lost a free G90 I was getting :( :(:oops:

5. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

The "Light Up 2 Meters Night" event is coming up, get on the air and see who you can contact!
    Light Up 2 Meters Night 6PM - 8PM Local Time | Facebook

Chris

KI5PMV likes this.
  6. N4RBZ

N4RBZ Ham Member QRZ Page

CONRATS!!!

KI5PMV likes this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Moved the 6m/10m antenna to a semi-permanent location, at least for this ES season:

upload_2021-4-22_12-29-16.png

Now listening to a 7-land station calling CQ...

KI5PMV, WZ7U, HA2ZB and 3 others like this.
  8. K6AQ

K6AQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Speaking of 10 meters, I put up a dipole for it the other day on the same coax as my magloop. I haven't been able to get the SWR below ~2 yet on 10 meters, likely because it's coupling with the metal mast and the loop itself. I bought a balun from HRO and will try moving the center of the dipole a few inches away from the loop in the next few days to see if that helps.

KK5JY and HA2ZB like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Preparations are underway for the 7QP effort this year. No county line ops this time, just ORCOL.

KK5JY likes this.
  10. HA2ZB

HA2ZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish we had that activity over here too (as it is announced as a global event). I asked on a local ham forum, and no one had a glue about it - so sad...

Would be good to have some buzz in this band as well. HF is easier, half of the world can be accessed, but VHF/UHF is mainly a local story.