ad: ProAudio-1

How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

_cfimg-5019706419463632159.JPG

New country confirmed for the first time.

KJ5T, N0VFJ, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  2. K6AQ

K6AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The new revision of my magloop tuner PCB just shipped today from OSH Park. Still working on the autotuning algorithm in the meantime, though. :cool: One of the things I did was probe the OEM tuning box to see what it did in terms of pulse on/off time to have more realistic numbers for fast/slow tune. As expected, the fast tune buttons were basically 100% on, albeit at something like 9.5V instead of the ~12V expected; I'm not sure if the extra voltage mine is putting out will have any impact yet.

Also, I have some membrane buttons to try out at some point. Once autotune becomes stable, it might make it possible to have an "in-person" interface as well as the Web-based one.

PU2OZT likes this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

RBN is your friend. Even when your friends can't hear you.

Now to get RBN to hear me.... :oops: :p

Clearly I need to fabricate a tilt over base for my mast. :(

PU2OZT likes this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you hand keying Eric or are you using a memory keyer? When trying to get RBN spots, i use the memory keying functions in my radio to send perfect code. Machine code decodes easier than Rob's spastic hand ;)

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a generic paddle into the radio with the character speed set around 18 but my farnsworth fist sending slows it down some. Its pretty consistent until I crash or send a wrong letter. Got one decode in CA earlier, so I went looking around on websdr and found a weak trace on the Arizona set. The touch lamp wasn't going all the way bright and the transmatch settings aren't the same, so I suspect its time to bring the big sprig down and clean up whatever's wrong. I used to be able to do it solo....

VK4HAT likes this.
  6. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I contacted Austria and got it confirmed!!!! THANKS OE5SLN

KE8OIB, VK4HAT and WJ4VA like this.
  7. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked Guernsey on 20 CW for a new one...TNX MU0MXF!

VK4HAT likes this.
  8. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Called CQ on 20 and made tons of contact!

KE8OIB and KJ5T like this.
  9. KE8IWM

KE8IWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I've had no trouble being "decoded" by RBN. Usually records my speed @ 15 - 17 wpm. My problem is being heard in the first place.

PU2OZT and WZ7U like this.
  10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe that's what I meant originally, sorry for the confusion.