ad: wmr-1

How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK6APZ

VK6APZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have not done much radio this year i had lost interest , got up on sunrise and had some fun this morning.

Attached Files:

WZ7U likes this.
  2. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice little opening for me on 12 meters yesterday. All I have on that band is a wire element I added on to my 6BTV vertical. Worked 4 new ones on the band, including ZL. 'Twas a pleasant surprise. :)

VK4HAT and WZ7U like this.
  3. K6AQ

K6AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I kinda have a "remote" setup going with SparkSDR and a Raspberry Pi now. It's a process to get it going, though, and I don't think it's 100% stable. Lots of time to iterate it and improve things, though.

VK4HAT likes this.
  4. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Making a 130 Ft end fed today and hopefully getting it up in the tree

J72IMS, VK4HAT, WJ4VA and 1 other person like this.
  5. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I installed the hitch on the car and installed the"extra" reciever for the antenna mount on the hitch frame. Took some measurements and the offset mount from Tarheel is going to work out great...need to order it now.
    IMG_1814.jpeg IMG_1815.jpeg

US7IGN, W7TCT, VK4HAT and 1 other person like this.
  6. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Last night (but still today in UTC) 40m was open to half the world. I worked a bunch of DX, and overheard a ZL in QSO with an LZ. No, really! And, that's just about an antipodal contact.

WZ7U and VK4HAT like this.
  7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just made a bunch of CW contacts on 20m before dinner.

Last one was with WL7CKX, Patrick, in Willow, AK.

Willow is really far north. The only time I've ever been that far north was in Oslo.

He mentioned the band was really empty; meanwhile, here in L.A. it was very crowded with almost every kHz or two occupied. I cannot imagine what it's really like to operate from that far north.

Ham radio is interesting.

US7IGN likes this.
  8. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I put the broken 40m dipole back together and in the air.

WZ7U likes this.
  9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I did something today that I have not done in a long time, CW qso on 40m. Beats flogging the arse out of FT8 HAHAHA. Anyway, today is the VK WWFF contest. Its a very small contest for VK activators. So after getting the dipole swinging in the air gain, i made a few contacts with the people I could hear.

WZ7U likes this.
  10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Just finished a very nice QSO with "Mr. fldigi" W1HKJ, Dave on PSK-31, 40 meters.

KK9W likes this.