How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K6AQ

K6AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Last night I got to see what happens when 20+A of DC shorts alligator leads together. Let's just say lots of magic smoke and very bright red cabling happened. :eek:

Anyway, I was going to wait until I had a prototype tuner working but I'm just going to skip directly to KiCad and PCB creation now so that doesn't happen again.

VK4HAT likes this.
  2. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No that design I sketched out would mount where the hitch would normally mount to the "frame" of the car...but I have been wanting to put a hitch on it anyway to be able to use a bike rack so...my plans have changed, I ordered the hitch today, and am going to put another receiver ( https://www.amazon.com/Toptow-Receiver-Adapter-Carriers-Receivers/dp/B07XG1914D/ref=sr_1_14?crid=1GCC5OBID6L6S&dchild=1&keywords=rv+bumper+hitch+receiver&qid=1602875605&sprefix=rv+bumper+h,aps,135&sr=8-14 ) on the hitch frame on the drivers side and then use a mount from Tarheel that is a left offset (assuming they still offer it, its listed on the website under mounts but not on the online order section) that I think will put the antenna right on the "corner" of the bumper.

3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Get us some pics when you get it operational, please. :)

4. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Will do, will be at least Thanksgiving week as the antenna is at my moms place in WV....

WZ7U likes this.
  5. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

15m hopping right now. I even got FT8 QSOs with hams in Fiji and Japan with my lame antenna.
    15m.png

N0VFJ and VK4HAT like this.
  6. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn, I am jealous, there is not nearly as much action here. Though I am being heard in the USA. PWR here is 20w and the antenna is a tri band vertical.

tank.jpg

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not looking so good here 2352z.
    15m.jpg

8. VK4HAT

Well I am being heard, but have not made a single contact.

canvas.png

9. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally fixed my radio today after about an hour of figuring and I made a contact to a guy who was doing a POTA activation so that was cool and I am excited tor JOTA tomorrow it is going to be awesome

WJ4VA, WZ7U and VK4HAT like this.
  10. VK4HAT

5pm local, The Wall Of Japan on 15m.

15m_ft8.jpg

W7TCT likes this.