How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You may be onto something there, friend. ;) Congrats!

EI2JC likes this.
  2. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well that was interesting... Almost made first contact with my new 15m CW tx, with XQ6CS, Julio in Chile. 10W to my 40m inv vee, using my old DX440 as the receiver. I say almost because he couldn't quite pull my call out of QRM at his end.

N0TZU, US7IGN, VK4HAT and 3 others like this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

So close. Well done.

4. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He did hear you, though ... just not well enough to make a go of it. Congrats!

VK4HAT likes this.
  5. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

And fixing old things is bad for the back!:D

6. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Only when you must fix those big old heavy things you love and enjoy HAHAHA.

7. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I made 7 HF contacts hopefully I will get some DX tomorrow lets hope the bands open up

EI2JC, VK4HAT and WN1MB like this.
  8. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah !
    It's more the leaning over a bench digging round in the guts of even quite small things-----reminds me why I didn't like bench work!

On that track, there was more wrong with the Multi-750X than I'd hoped.

It is quite deaf on SSB, & to add insult to injury, the sound completely disappears sometimes, making checking the reason for the insensitivity a bit difficult.
    I think the external speaker connector is failing, causing the loss of sound.

It's a shame as it is the model with the "Xpander", which gives you 70cm as well.

VK4HAT likes this.
  9. K6AQ

K6AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The op-amp and associated parts came yesterday and those gave me fairly good readings for forward power. Reflected power, on the other hand, was a different story. It seems that I'll need to add RC filtering for both ADC inputs after all, which I'll do soon.

BTW, the ADC readings right now seem to perfectly regression fit onto a 3rd degree polynominal (and 100% fit on a 5th). I found that pretty interesting as I originally thought the readings would be linear to power output.

VK4HAT likes this.
  10. N1YR

N1YR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hippies were right! Flower Power!

EI2JC likes this.