How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Messing with the gray line on 20. Just missed the R5, he had to go to work. Seek you seek you....

On edit - Looks like I missed another window of dx, until the next gray line. Good thing there are two chances a day.. :)
    Looking around on 40 a bit, then back to the yl.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    VK4HAT likes this.
  2. WJ4VA

WJ4VA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Started putting together the Phaser Digital Mode Transceiver kit yesterday evening, made it through Group 1 successfully, only 5 more to go![​IMG]

Attached Files:

US7IGN, WZ7U, N1OOQ and 2 others like this.
  3. WJ4VA

Through group 4 this evening and the receiver is up and running with good decodes on the computer. Tomorrow on to the TX side. C3FA7AA4-CC42-4F3F-A225-69379E6BE0E3.jpeg 651A3D40-DDAE-40EE-9F20-C0E6B4F107F4.jpeg

VK4HAT, US7IGN, WZ7U and 3 others like this.
  4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ballgame is over, Rangers inched out a 1-0 win over the Rockies. Playing a little FT8, yes it is only FT8, but probably the best signal report I have received on FT8 from anyone not local. I am running a little more power tonight than usual with 30 watts with my FT-857D. Trying to give the Yaesu some love, it is starting to exhibit signs of the zebra stripe issue so it needs a little love.

FT8AB1EP.png

VK4HAT likes this.
  5. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I seem to have fixed the issues I had in the receiver board I designed and built. It should not be totally deaf this time.

IMG_20200725_220446.jpg

WJ4VA, WZ7U and N1OOQ like this.
  6. WA1UIL

WA1UIL Ham Member QRZ Page

I spent last evening replacing the LCD in one of my Fluke 8020A's. Old one leaked and turned black. Some dremel work on the LCD support and #30 wire wrap wire to link the pins of the new LCD to the main circuit board and BINGO! A working DMM. Tedious at times but relatively easy.

WJ4VA, K4KLB, US7IGN and 1 other person like this.
  7. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I did 66 CW QSO in IOTA contest. It were rainy, sleepy, no one DX was heard. Today my crappy vertical lost another one counterpoise. There are only three now still there (

KJ5T and VK4HAT like this.
  8. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been redoing some codeplug settings for my Anytone 878 to include UHF to our repeater here. A huge tip of the hat and thanks to PNWDigital.net folks. If you live in the NW and are interested in DMR, this is where to start.

I have also been messing around with FT8 on 15m lately and today I received my 1,000th confirmation on the Zed. While most are FT8, there are some great SSB and CW contacts as well.

Thanks, QRZ.

logshot.png

N0VFJ, VK4HAT, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  9. WJ4VA

Finished up the Phaser yesterday. 4 watts out and worked as far as EC1 land. Then today I built a shelf for the test equipment.... 0924EC04-FC05-4015-8AFB-2FE8BAE4B1D3.jpeg C76D7F58-5FFF-40C7-A104-E45CED345A33.jpeg EE02EFF3-E2C1-4088-93C7-9A0BE48EE45E.jpeg

EI2JC, KP4SX and WZ7U like this.
  10. K4KLB

K4KLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Did some work in the HF-150. Redone the coax to the ATAS and installed some inexpensive PowerWerx external speakers for the FT-891 and TM-D710A that are mounted behind the rear seat. I am impressed by both the audio quality and volume from these little speakers. I'm not a fan of drilling holes so they are secured with double-sided Gorilla tape that holds up to the Alabama heat.

Today's mission was accomplished and I worked a few stations from the driveway. Next weekend I'll install my fused power pole power distribution block on the board next to the radios and run a 10 AWG to it so I can power either radio without swapping the power cable.

Attached Files:

WJ4VA and WZ7U like this.