How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. DL4QB

DL4QB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Portable with vertical Spiderbeam on balcony and Yaesu 891, very small setup. I´ve fun on this little island here at the moment. Take a look to the wiki :)

North Sea ISLAND - Wangerooge, IOTA EU-047

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wangerooge

wangerooge.jpg

891.jpg

wangerooge_ant.jpg

73 Andre / DL4QB

W9AFB, W7UUU, N0TZU and 4 others like this.
  2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

PU2OZT likes this.
  3. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Andre is girt by sea!:D

VK4HAT likes this.
  4. VK4HAT

Lol well played.

5. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Mau KD2TOE and I are plotting out his antenna farm. He'll be good for 40m-70cm when all of the parts get here.

IMG_0964.JPG

He's checking his compass while we're picking which backyard corner to put a mast up in.

His shack is conveniently right next to where the power enters the building, so the grounding block and cable feed-through is easy.

KJ5T, WZ7U and AD5HR like this.
  6. K6AQ

K6AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bought a set of ferrites from HRO yesterday and managed to fix the issue with my Wi-Fi access point (UniFi UAP-AC-HD powered via PoE) rebooting itself during >50W transmissions through my magloop on 20m. I only needed two of them (one on the power cord to the PoE injector and one on the Ethernet cord leading away from the injector) so I should have enough to resolve any other noise that I can detect and get down. Just need to get some time when no one's home so I can cut the power and start narrowing down noise sources.

7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I’m finally taking my K3 apart to find and fix a very annoying little rattle when the speaker outputs 300 to 400 Hz.

It’s always the little stuff that drives you crazy!

VK4HAT likes this.
  8. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Ham Member QRZ Page

Finished putting this on the wall to accomodate coax feedlines, now need to do the other side but need to go to Lowe’s to get a diamond-crusted blade to cut out a rectangle in the stucco.
    upload_2020-5-24_15-32-48.jpeg

N0TZU and W7TCT like this.
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing but boomers and torrential rain off and on for the last couple of days. I have managed to connect an antenna between storms and get on 40 in the mornings, though. :)

VK4HAT and KF5KWO like this.
  10. VK4HAT

Story of my life (jokes) seriously, I am cleaning up my workbench, it was a mess with crap everywhere and contemplating the meaning of life, ham radio and where to go and what to do next.