How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Helped my neighbor put up a VHF vertical on a mast aside his house yesterday.

Temperatures in the teens with a nice steady cool breeze. Numb fingers galore - but it went fine.

Little simplex testing and he's off to the races.......:)

2. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the kind comments all.
    -------------------
    Robert asked;
    GM Robert,
    Its a simple Emitter follower, driving the filter. Nothing new, just an adaptation of a circuit I found in ELECTRIC RADIO'S 75A-4 compendium.

I did change the power source to use the filament AC instead of a 2 Watt "heater" off of the B+ line.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    VK4HAT and N1OOQ like this.
  3. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice. We're expecting 12 inches of snow this afternoon! :eek:

VK4HAT likes this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice, what confused me was the blue block had 10A on it and i was thinking that was a relay, its the ceramic filter LOL Well done the build looks neat and tidy.

5. VK4HAT

Overnight in WSPR on 20m. I really wish i could work DP0GVN in a mode that counts. I have no Antarctica in my log yet.

its_close_enough.jpg

N1OOQ likes this.
  6. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw a heatmap forecast of Australia - looking very hot. Be safe.

WD4ELG likes this.
  7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Built myself a Pastime Projects 6v6 vintage transmitter (40 meters). Works as advertised and looks pretty cool.

KP4SX likes this.
  8. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, finally got a 40m dipole up and made a QRP contact. SWR bouncing around a little because we're getting 40 mph wind gusts! Nice to be back on the air.

WA7PRC, WN1MB, N0TZU and 1 other person like this.
  9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm working on a small receiving loop today with EZNEC and my spiffy new NanoVNA. EZNEC gets very particular about small loops, especially near ground, and using the double precision option helps.

It's great to be able to verify the transformer frequency response and insertion loss with the VNA at home, instead of the VNA at work. Especially since that's no longer an option because I'm retired!

10. VK4HAT

One more week of work, then I can sit down and spend sometime catching up on doing some homebrew and maybe even some radio. Its been a while, xmas work rush has subsided, just need to get through this week, then I can chill out.