How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4FFAB, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

Me, portable for WWFF and a little bit of the RD contest. 2 Parks down, showered and about to head out for the 3rd and final park for today. 10w and a wire. Thats how we roll.

38846495_2283204548359909_7428376999082590208_n.jpg
    38931940_2283258238354540_1026313114330595328_n.jpg

N4FZ, K3KIC, N0TZU and 5 others like this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Your wife let you out? wtf?

3. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep and she spent 6 hours reading and sewing while watching me play radio lol

WA7PRC, N6QIC, K9ASE and 1 other person like this.
  4. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday afternoon/evening I took a deep breath and put the sub receiver I'd ordered late last year into the K3. It was an involved installation but the excellent instructions kept me moving forward in an orderly fashion. Everything came up working except for me telling the radio that I'd installed the general coverage bandpass module in the main receiver rather than in the sub receiver where I actually put it. Once corrected everything is working flawlessly.

I was most impressed that the order processing and fulfillment people at Elecraft took the time to consult their database and matched the five pole filter offsets to within 10 Hz of the filters delivered with my K3 over seven years before. That is attention to detail and customer service. Closely matched filters should allow me to experiment with diversity receive. Now to finish that vertical.

N4FZ, VK4FFAB and N0TZU like this.
  5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Me? With this Sun like it is now...

Daytime? D-Star.
    Nighttime? FT8 and CW on 40.

That is pretty much it. :(

N4FZ, K3KIC, VK4FFAB and 1 other person like this.
  6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Boxed up a load for Florida and off to unload. Includes a couple hf rigs.

N6QIC and WZ7U like this.
  7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I also like to do some hamming in the outdoors. I spent a lot of time getting all my portable equipment arranged and setup for quick and easy deployment down to a fine art.

...Start !

#1 Open lid on the box - turn radio on that's already connected to everything ready to operate inside.
    #2 Deploy portable telescopic vertical antenna on ground stake / attach antenna coax to radio
    #3 Throw folding solar panel down on the ground and plug into Anderson power pole inside the box

Turn off stopwatch... Ready to operate time: 2 minutes - 43 seconds. :D

IMAG0819.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    KC3IYV, N4FZ, KY5U and 5 others like this.
  8. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Working on the BC-348 described in the "Boat Anchor" forum and cleaning the workroom (my wife declared war on all the clutter).

Glen, K9STH

N4FZ and N6QIC like this.
  9. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dstar, DMR, Fusion and FM rigs all monitoring. Need to set up an HF rig in the upstairs so I can play in the daytime.

10. N4NYK

N4NYK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The most wonderful thing is to be free!

VK4FFAB likes this.