ad: M2Ant-1

How did you radio today? (CW edition)

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD2UHF, Feb 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

PU2OZT likes this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked a couple more octogenarians this afternoon on 40 CW!

Wow, makes me feel young (sort of, I'm 70).

W8KR in Minneapolis, 81 years young.

KC5GWU in Albuquerque, 80 years young but only been licensed 25 years so he's still a newbie.:p

So much fun.

Keep going, guys, I want to work you again when you're in your nineties and I hit 80. Fingers crossed.:)

HB9IRF, WB5YUZ and PU2OZT like this.
  3. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

HR2 and I1 this evening. No ragchews, though.

4. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Took a break from the rag chews and messed around in the ARRL 10 Meter today. I was time limited and that added to the fun.

It was lots of fun. But, looking forward to instigating a few rag chews again.

5. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And back to rag chews today. Worked a very interesting fellow in Michigan who was licensed in 1957. He was using bug and was sending some fine code!

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

CW is always fun.

Just worked Nella W7LUD on 40CW, she's a professor up in Washington and was trying out her new 550' loop antenna.

Long live CW.

7. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Last night on 40m I worked Czechia, New Zealand, and Japan, all within a few minutes of each other. Signal levels were low, making for tough copy, but the band was open to almost the entire half of the earth that was in darkness.

8. KE8OKM

KE8OKM Ham Member QRZ Page

David. The SW3B is back in stock. I just ordered a second one. I think the SW3B is a very good transceiver.

47BB7321-CCDD-4E23-9BC2-AD7D07B45FF7.jpeg
    SW3B with Endfed 10/20/40 antenna in action on Grassy Ridge Bald Tn (6,200’) during a SOTA.

Erik
    KE8OKM

DD5RK, OE3IAK, KD2UHD and 1 other person like this.
  9. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

more of the same for me (and that's just fine!) ... since Friday 35 SKCC contacts (made progress toward Senator), 17 POTA contacts, and a dozen or so random ragchews. Didn't hear many Europeans, but found 15 and 17m open coast to coast at times.

OE3IAK and KD2UHF like this.
  10. OE3IAK

OE3IAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Just came here to brag about my first transatlantic 80m QSO. K1TZQ must be a very patient ham with the small signal I had over there.

WB5YUZ, DD5RK, KD2UHF and 2 others like this.