How did you radio today? (CW edition)

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD2UHF, Feb 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD2TUD

KD2TUD Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked AA2MX today. He was 569 where I am.

KD2UHF likes this.
  2. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

I played with my bug with the SKCC folks. 40 or so Qs, most just a standard exchange, but half a dozen nice QSOs. Rig, antenna, weather, key being used (we like that stuff!) … maybe a wisecrack or two. I think I worked AA2MX, too. ;)

KD2UHF and PU2OZT like this.
  3. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think I have worked AA2MX recently as well for SKCC, I need to upload my SKCC log, I don't have a copy of it on this computer to check. Had a fun time in the 0300z CWT last night, worked 27 stations running QRP with the KX2.

4. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

Out portable again. Pota stuff. Bands weren’t very good. 20 just sucked, 30 a bit better, 40 best before 1500z. Only one DX all day. 60 QSOs in about 2 hours of operating time. Still fun … better than a good day at work, by l-o-n-g shot!

N3AWS, US7IGN, N2AMM and 1 other person like this.
  5. K5TSK

K5TSK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm hoping to get my mag loop in tomorrow and have a little fun, but a lot of the comments I'm reading aren't that encouraging.

When is it going to get better? Are we there yet? How much longer, dad?

PU2OZT likes this.
  6. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was mistaken I don't have AA2MX in the log, so I will have to listen for him to add his number. I did work KC7MRQ this evening on 30M for another new number. I know some people aren't big on chasing the numbers, but I set a goal of getting to at least the Centurion level in the club, I have 30 more to go, it has been a slow journey but a fun one.

7. OE3IAK

OE3IAK Ham Member QRZ Page

This morning I picked up a blessing by monk Brother Iakovos from the Greek-Orthodox monastery Koutloumousiou, SV2RSG/A on 40m CW. His pile-up made a busy FT-8 area pale in comparison.
    Immediate salvation was granted by spotting JW0W on 40m again and working him.

KP4SX, US7IGN, KJ5T and 4 others like this.
  8. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I got him on 30m last night.

All of my early fears about the 80m inverted "L" not being a good DX antenna on 30m have been allayed by now. Alas, it will have to come down in the next few months, so I may never get a chance to give it a good test for 80m DX.

OE3IAK, KD2UHF and KD2UHD like this.
  9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Got home from the office and 20m was doing okay.

CT9ABN, Tibor in Madeira sounded lonely and we exchanged reports 599 with one call. He sounded bored.

But then had a couple good ragchews.

CW is still my favorite.

PU2OZT likes this.
  10. OE3IAK

OE3IAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Too fresh into this to say "still" with confidence, but same for me.
    Got a battery for bringing the FT817ND outdoors, and tested it on 10m in my car over the CB whip antenna. I don't know how much more the tuner shaved off my already limited power, but two European stations confirmed it's working at least. Not proud of that 529 report I received, hats off to the ham who copied me fine.