How did you radio today? (CW edition)

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD2UHF, Feb 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-gcopper
  1. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

N0ZB, KD2UHF, KA2CZU and 4 others like this.
  2. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Checked in with the Bug Roundup special events station, early this morning GMT, using my old Vibroplex.

Off-air tonight due to proximity of TSTMS.

KD2UHF likes this.
  3. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

nope QRM, all of a sudden I had 3 stations transmitting over the top of me. I think that would be QRM if not please let me know. :)

4. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did a couple hours hunting stations in the Kentucky QSO Party.

QSO parties make for great S&P fun, and each one is unique in learning opportunities. Today was learning how to log rovers in N1MM.

Interestingly, some of the strongest signals today were rovers!

Jim KF9VV

KD2UHF likes this.
  5. WB5YUZ

Worked DL, OV, and S5 on 30m, finally proving to myself that my 80m inverted "L" will work just fine for DX on 30m. Wonder how it will work on 80m in the fall?

KD2UHF and PU2OZT like this.
  6. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been getting on every night and trying to make an SKCC contact or two. I started last year working towards the "centurion" award but then got distracted with our move and was off the air for a bit. Got started again a couple of weeks ago. Have 45/100 unique contacts towards the award. Listening to a QSO in progress on 40 and hoping to break in when they are done and add another new number.

KD2UHF and PU2OZT like this.
  7. N8RKD

N8RKD Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked an R5, on 100w and an antenna that shouldn't work. Can't wait for cycle 25 to really get active

KD2UHF, WB5YUZ, PU2OZT and 1 other person like this.
  8. WB5YUZ

Worked two LZ1s on 20m, around local midnight. It has to be a good sign that 20m is open so late at night again!

KD2RDG, KD2UHF, KJ5T and 1 other person like this.
  9. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CW Operating over the weekend was more SKCC fun, I was in and out of the shack with other distractions but worked a dozen or so in the SKCC WES, adding to my Centurion award totals. I am now at 58/100 unique contacts for the award. For me I am not much of a ragchewer so I like to have something to work towards, SKCC is nice because I can work towards their awards at my own slow pace while also working towards various other awards like WAS (which I still need 10 states to confirm on LoTW, and 7 on QRZ.com -- the three states I have yet to work at all on CW are Alaska, Delaware and surprisingly Nevada).

KD2UHF likes this.
  10. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I made 3 contact this afternoon on 40M!

PU2OZT and KJ5T like this.