How Did QSL Cards Become a Thing?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0LWC, Feb 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC5AKB

KC5AKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice Video
    Yes a basic card

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. W2CSI

W2CSI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the video! I design and sell QSL cards and still love to get them in the mail.

KI7PMQ and KF4ZKU like this.
  3. KC9UL

KC9UL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video on QSL Cards. Check out my QSL on QRZ.com. Also, be sure to see my article in CQ November Issue about QSL Cards.
    If you want a copy of the article, email me at QRZ email address.
    73 KC9UL Curt

4. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice video, took ages to watch as I had to pause all the cards to read them. 73

WR2E likes this.
  5. KD5OM

KD5OM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great explanation. I send artsy fartsy qsl cards most of the time. When sending to a DXpedition qsl manager, just a plain white simple card with all the data on one side to make the qsl manager's job easier. When processing thousands of cards, it takes less time for a basic simple card.

Attached Files:

KI7PMQ likes this.
  6. W7WIA

W7WIA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for nice video

Yes I have a QSL card. It is set up to print from my printer on QSL blank stock. Design in upper right corner on my QRZ page. Inspiration from photo while a very young ham seen further down the page.

73 Oliver W7WIA

7. WB9MSM

WB9MSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Matt -
    You did a great job with your video! Excellent presentation on QSL cards that I shared with Club members. I literally have a few thousand cards in shoe boxes and in QSL plastic holders in my shack. Next year I will celebrate fifty years in ham radio so before the internet that was the only way one could confirm their contacts with fellow hams. I have noticed that the whole physical sending and receiving QSL cards has greatly diminished since the advent of electronic QSL cards such last eQSL, Logbook of the World(LoTW), QRZ Log, etc. It is somewhat sad to see this form of artwork disappear but it is a sign of our modern times. I still send out QSL’s mainly to newly licensed hams and to those who send me a card. I have cards that have traveled from all over the world to get to my QTH. Thank you and 73 from Wisconsin, Denny WB9MSM

WB9MSM QSL Card 2014.jpg Russian QSL Card & Envelope 1992 (2).jpg Russian QSL Card 1992-2 (2).jpg
    My Current WB9MSM QSL Card Plus My Most Rare QSL Card That I Received After Working The Russian Mir Space Station in 1992 With My 2 Meter Rig

KF4ZKU likes this.
  8. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. K0LWC

K0LWC Ham Member QRZ Page

No, no. Tell her I want MY glasses back.

KJ4VTH likes this.
  10. KK6DOA

KK6DOA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just had this drawn for me, this would be my fur kids.

[​IMG]

KI7PMQ, KF4ZKU and (deleted member) like this.