ad: Schulman-1

How come I can't reply to my own threads

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KB6JEN, Mar 22, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB6JEN

KB6JEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Can anyone explain why I can't reply to users on my own posts or even to the post itself yet others can and it says no replies can be made but others seem to be able to?

Example:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...charlotte-watch-this-wow.856795/#post-6493374

I'd paste a screen shot but i'm sure as he77 not going to find a place to upload an image just to post it here, why can't we just attach an image like anywhere else in the world without needing an outside server, ridiculous.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Has your subscription expired? That forum is Subscribers Only.
    Use the Upload a File to attach images.

WJ4U likes this.
  3. KB6JEN

Interesting, was not aware it was subs only as it let me make the post, just not reply to it which seemed weird. LOL and didn't see an upload a file option, will go back and look again, thanks.

WC5P likes this.
  4. KB6JEN

So Ham Member does not mean Subscriber, Subscriber is one of the paid accounts then I assume.. by the way, it said read the rules re no replies but I didn't see anything in the rules that it would be referring to.. thanks for the info.

5. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

There has been an issue with an update of the forum software by Amazon earlier today. We're still working out the kinks. This may be part of the problem. It should be taken care of soon.

...............Bob

6. KB6JEN

So
    Not sure it's related, I noticed it a few days ago as well but no biggy.... thanks

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you posted that originally in a 'free' forum and it got moved?
    Here's the Upload File button. Maybe only Subscribers can see it? I dunno.
    upload.jpg

KB6JEN likes this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Actually, you initially posted that in the "Community Help Center" forum which is not the proper place. That forum is for QRZ support and account issues and such.

So it was moved to "Just Talking" which is the QRZ "General chat" forum. But it's a subscriber-only forum, only available to paid members.

I can move it to "Ham Radio Life" which is on the "free side" so you can then post

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    KB6JEN likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

KB6JEN likes this.
  10. KB6JEN

LOL .. I'm dizzy, no I had no idea it got moved, I'm sorry I thought that was the general help, not QRZ help forum my deepest apologies. Thank you everyone for the help....

11. KB6JEN

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    W7UUU likes this.
  12. KB6JEN

I think I may have just solved it, ya reckon guys? :)

If I can make one recommendation to the board..... the only reason I've not done it earlier is that while I see the value of XML or logging services etc... I have ZERO need for that as I'm a QSO'er on HF', not a contacter / logging / contester.. it would be great if you had a price point for those of us who just want to help and have full access but don't have a need for that service... but thank you, I waned to give back regardless..

There's a price point of around $750.00 for those of us who don't need certifications, XML, etc... and just want to give back. :)

Jen

upload_2023-3-23_7-26-4.png

W7UUU likes this.
  13. W7UUU

Holy smokes - that didn't take you long!! Welcome to Lifetime :)

There's a separate forum for Life members as well - not much used, but it COULD BE if all the lifers would just start using it more...

It's here: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/the-chairmans-club.125/

And congrats too on nearing retirement - I took the plunge back in November and couldn't be happier!

Dave
    W7UUU

KT4PH and KB6JEN like this.
  14. KB6JEN

Thank you all for your help.... I received my Novice in 86 and have been a lurker here for years... so it took me a lot longer than you give me credit for.... but my experiences here including you all answering my questions the way you all did clearly validated the suspected value and friendliness in the community and my need to give a bit back, thank you again.

PS: Yup, I'm in my mid 50's but every day is a bit closer. I work 100% remote and I live 100% off grid on 65 acres (yes, I'm already planning a Rhombic or two) LOL... the longer I live here the sooner I want it to happen.

WJ4U likes this.
  15. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

So funny I can reply to you...but...just nothing for sale

16. W7UUU

Because you're not a subscriber ("Paid member")

Only subscribers can post in the Swapmeet.

Dave
    W7UUU