ad: elecraft

How about a repeater forum?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KK6QMS, Feb 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see a repeater forum on QRZ?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of people still use and maintain repeater systems- maybe a forum would be useful.
    KK6QMS

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I think Repeater-builder pretty much has it covered...
    Ymmv

KA9JLM likes this.
  3. KK6QMS

Ya- EBay has used items sales covered for example but the QRZ swapmeet forums are still really active.

4. KD8DEY

Especially for the scammers that don't have to worry about E-bay protection and insist on friends & family...

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, any ad that even hints at F&F is immediately deleted.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KD8DEY

which is a good thing, but doesnt stop what is discussed in private e-mail between parties after initial contact...

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

True - but nothing uniquely QRZ about that.

Crappy people doing crappy things exist - nothing any of us can do about that. At least QRZ does its best to keep it out of the swapmeet forum

Dave
    W7UUU

KD8DEY likes this.
  8. KD8DEY

True, been a few instances of scammers browsing the want Ads, and making contact.
    One of the things I like about Fleabay is "Buy it now", Then the seller gets your info... Nobody else with your info
    trying to contact you with offers...Protection plans etc...
    seems to be a safer bet lately,,,

quite a while back I bought an SX-111 through Duane Fisher before I became a ham, sent a money order for it. Didn't know anything about him except that he was a ham....
    No problems...
    Today I woiudn't take that kind of risk..

It would be great if Da Zed had it's own Ham related only auction section, complete with protection (No reflection against the mods), BUT I could just imagine the coding, and expenditure that would require...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  9. KK6QMS

Ya well if you want to focus on that go right ahead. I have had many successful transactions on QRZ and really prefer it to eBay myself.

W7UUU likes this.