ad: ProAudio-1

how about a photo w/call required universal rule?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N1VAU, Apr 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I picture of your Eyeball should be required. :cool:

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ.COM is not a sales brokerage website.

W7UUU likes this.
  3. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

So a seller or buyer doing a tiny bit of self due diligence is too much to ask???

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No. asking QRZ to act as a brokerage house is too much to ask IMO.

Dave
    W7UUU

NE1U likes this.
  5. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not saying QRZ needs to do anything. I'm impressed they require the call sign in the image.

What I am saying is the tools for a buyer or seller to do due diligence are out there.
    If I were to sell/buy something (see my telescope in the general merchandise and buy it! ;) ), the other party can look up my call. See where I live, probably get my phone number and speak to me IRL. Have my mailing address. that would eliminate most of the scams I have read about. Go on Google Earth, take a look at my home. See my grill and pond. Compliment me on my mowing. Or critique it. If anything does not seem 100% on the up and up, ask questions. Like "Hey, would you post a picture of the radio in front of your pc with this thread behind it?"

I have no idea how anyone got an inference that I thought for one second for QRZ to be a brokerage house for transactions from my comments.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be all for QRZ charging a fee. That would kill a lot of scams.

The fee would not have to be that much. $1.00 can verify it is not a scammer.

I would hope people that do sell, Flip QRZ a few coins. ;)

KB2SUJ likes this.
  7. NE1U

NE1U Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I do this. It works well, reaching out ham to ham. Why would anyone not do this?

KB2SUJ likes this.
  8. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

What if you don't have hands?

W1TRY likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Probably more of a PITA to administrate - imagine all the potential pitfalls of such an endeavor.

But requiring they be a paid subscriber (at any level) to post in the "Swap Meet" sub-forum is already a function in the software - just like how unpaid users cannot post in "Just Talking". Easy peasy - done.

Dave
    W7UUU

10. W7UUU

Then write with your TOES! And if you lose your feet, write with your mouth! :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

W1TRY likes this.