Hoppings at HARES

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by KL7AJ, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We are making a concerted effort to keep KL7EX QRV all summer. Last Saturday, Chad Nusunginya, AL2D brought in his Ten Tec Pegasus, and I helped him set up the Vox for smooth PSK31 operation. Turns out that 20 meter PSK31 signals were the ONLY discernible signals on the air anywhere, so Chad got a good intro to why PSK 31 is so great. We used our trusty 1940 Hallicrafters Super Defiant to monitor Chad's on the air signal....what better way! :)

During the week, some mysterious entity ran two new runs of RG-8 foam from the class to the roof. And they left a roll of nearly 1000 feet of the stuff behind. So we definitely have Santa in the Summer here. All that's left is to get up on the roof and put some more antennas up. I'm looking at a 20 meter quad....a great class project.

Downstairs in the auto shop, we're going to "enlist" (i.e., conscript child labor) to build some mobile antenna and radio mounting brackets and such. The "lads" need some practice running electrical wiring too. I just love the smell of free labor. And the cool part is, we've convinced them that they're having FUN.

Stay tuned.

Eric

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got the parts for a really nice antenna tuner.....TWO roller inductors and a big capacitor. Perfect for a "Broadcaster's T" network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.