ad: k1jek

hooking up and running ft450

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by KB5YKL, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB5YKL

KB5YKL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a new yeasu ft450 and i was thinking about running it and logging on the lap top..Any ideas on what program to run And any special hookups beside the jumper from the radio to computer...thanks for any help bill

2. K7CCL

K7CCL Ham Member QRZ Page

I use Ham Radio Deluxe with my ft450. It works flawlessly and the logbook is a breeze to use. Try it out I think you'll be happy with it. I know I am. I can completely control the radio through HRD. It has a lot of features you may find useful. I use version 5 and have had no issues at all..

Ron, Kj4CYC

3. KF7GCQ

KF7GCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

FT-450 & HRD

What 'cables' are you guys using to connect PC to FT-450? I just downloaded HRD and have my FT-450 starring at me going...'now what?' Are you using a USB-2-Cat connector or Cat-to-Cat? I need to pick up an umbelical to hook these two-together. What cables do you guys use or prefer?

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You need a USB to CAT cable. If you go here and scroll down you will see which one you will need.

Check Ebay you might find on on there too. But I have two CAT cables from this company and have not had any issues with them at all. One is on an Icom 7000, the other is on a Yaesu FT-950.

You can also pick one up here on Ebay from a seller in Ontario Canada.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.