Homebrew soundcard interface with VOX keying function - Video

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KD2AVU, Feb 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KD2AVU

KD2AVU Ham Member QRZ Page

A short video of my homebrew soundcard interface. It's my stripped down version of the signalink USB.
    Schematics and PCB transfer layout can be found in the video description. total cost is less than 25 dollars.

2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

My homebrew PC-rig interface is passive and consists of a coupla transformers + a handful of resistors. The transformers (pn VM14-M, about $5 from Fair Radio Sales) provide ground loop isolation. The resistors do the mixing of L-R channels from the PC, and PC-preamp mixing. All work is done at line level, and an attenuator dumps the level a bunch to prevent overdriving my rig's microphone input. Since my PC and preamp (Symetrix 528E 'Voice Processor') have output level controls, that's not needed in the interface (http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-mixer).

No VOX is needed. My logging/keying program (WriteLog) provides T/R control via the USB port. My K1EL WinKeyer USB drives up to TWO optoisolated CW and PTT lines (for SO2R contesting). When running fone, the PTT control is passed through WinKeyer USB.