ad: elecraft

Homebrew CW Paddles/Keys

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KC0WTS, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

That would get old quickly and if you're new to CW you won't have the fist to make it sound good.

Here's a great project that I think the pictures tell enough of the story. You can build a fairly solid key with cabinet parts. I like how it looks so much I think that I'm going to build one this weekend.

http://9m2mgl.blogspot.com/2007/10/japanese-made-cw-key.html

[​IMG]

2. KC0WTS

KC0WTS Ham Member QRZ Page

That's great if you know japanese.

3. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

That is one VERY nice looking key, congrats on that !!:)

4. N4AUD

N4AUD Ham Member QRZ Page

I may try that too...nice looking key. I've homebrewed a single paddle, looks like it's time to do a key.

You don't really need to read Japanese, you can see how it's built and the type of parts that are used. Print the page with the pictures and take it with you to the hardware store.

5. WR5AW

WR5AW Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's something I built from a couple cheap plastic straight keys. Not good for much over about 18wpm but I'm not quite there yet. Should get my new P-2 in a couple days. :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Precisely. I don't speak a lick of Japanese. Just look at how it's built. The pictures give you all the detail that you need.

7. KC0WTS

KC0WTS Ham Member QRZ Page

CW Key/Paddle

My current cw "device" is an old pair of headphones that I cut off the actual headphone part and just conect the two wires to make my dits and dahs. I'd like to turn this into a key or a paddle (haven't made up my mind on which one I want). Any help on deciding key or paddle?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.