It all started when my Yaesu 857D had to go back to the factory for warranty repair. Because I live in a somewhat low area surrounded by ridges in most directions I needed radio that would have a lot more power than HT while the Yaesu is being repaired. I also wanted a mobile radio that I could mount in the cab portion of the RV and also considering that my budget is very, and the fact that I did not want to worry too much about how much it would set me back and hurt my feelings if somebody stole it, so it seemed to me that a good quality mono band mobile 2m radio would be just right, so I got myself a ICOM 2300H that was on discount at the time from HRO. Enough said about the radio now the actual topic of the 2m home-brew antenna that I decided to build for my fiberglass body RV. I decided that the best way to get a reasonably good quality gain antenna on my fiberglass body to RV was to build my own, so I decided to look into what my options actually were. After deciding that number one; I do not want to drill any holes or add any metal to the fiberglass roof , number two; I do not want any antennas in my forward driving field of view; number three, no magnetic mount (I already have one of those that I don't like it that much, and I would have to violate rule number two to use the magnetic mount antenna anyway), number four, I do not want to mount it either to close to the passenger seat, or me, the driver because the radio RF is 65 Watts, and I like to rag-chew, (although usually not while driving, but while I'm parked but still sitting in one of the seats is another story), therefore the fender and hood areas are out. So, A; HF Yaesu radio was on its way to the shop for repair, and B, I decided, because I did not have that much positive results with the HF bug catcher type mobile antenna that I built a few months ago, that the mounting bracket that already existed on the left rear bumper would be a good start to build up from. Therefore, (C), I realize that it had to have its own ground plane circuit so to speak, which would be independent from the RV because after all, the RV is mostly fiberglass and there is insufficient ground plane for reasonably well dispersed signal pattern metallic parts that do exist in that area. I needed to come up with something that did not stick up so high that it would hit solid objects like trees, etc. and likely get broken from hitting the more solid objects such as large branches, etc.. I looked up several variants of the J pole like the Arrow (way too expensive to buy and build, mounting issues etc.), ribbon-line 2m/70cm J-pole (may not handle the 65 Watts), and the 1/2" copper pipe J-pole ( too cumbersome and would bend and break too easily; not likely to handle highway speed and strong headwind in mobile application, low trees would be issue too). I ended up with an antenna design that could be used as base station antenna which I had been experimenting with before the Yaesu went on the fritz... ...I have already built one o them for 2m and 70cm dual band for my base/portable station (It worked fairly well), so I was familiar with it. The design I used is from this web page: https://please.name.my/111/howto-2-meter-slim-jim-antenna-from-ordinary-wires.html I read up on this design and have already had some issues with RF in the shack with other antennas I have used in this fiberglass RV and came to realize that I needed to use some kind of RF choke at the antenna feed-point. After doing some research I ended up getting 2 different values of ferrite beads from Amidon (FB-43-5622 and FB-43-5623). I used 4 of the FB-43-5622 between the (2) FB-43-5622 (one at each end of the whole string of beads near the antenna's feed-point) using one single length of Times Microwave LMR-240 Ultra-Flex coax from the radio to the antenna; and is soldered to the antenna directly (no connectors @ antenna). I estimate the string of 6 (total) beads as strung @ the feed-point is ~ 300 Ohms @ 2m band average. Once it had SWR where I wanted it tuned for FM repeater and FM simplex frequencies (centered @> 146.0 MHz) I sealed the soldered feed-point with liquid electrical tape, then painted it with self-priming paint that sticks to plastic (the wire and PVC pipe are plastic). I then used clear Flex Seal to seal the antenna, I also coated the beads with it and then used vinyl electrical tape to further stabilize and protect the ferrite beads. I also put a shorter string of ferrite beads at the radio end of the length of coax about 4" from the PL-259 connector. SWR is below 1.5:1 (~ 1.35:1 maximum) on all repeater input frequencies (USA).