Higher End Laptop

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W1GNL, Apr 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1GNL

W1GNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not. If it's not please accept my sincerest apologies.

I'm considering either selling or trading my higher end laptop (GL703VM ROG Strix Scar Edition) which is 17" plus a bunch of additional pieces parts (Backpack, wireless mouse, etc etc). All added up it's worth about $1800. It's seen less than 3 hours of use. Technically speaking I could just return it to Amazon at this point since it's a week old.

But here's the thing if I do return it, I'd just be doing it to purchase an HF setup anyway. Does anyone suppose there would be any interest in a laptop of this sort? I'm a higher end gamer and software developer among other things so it's higher costs is justifiable to me. If there is interest I'd be more than willing to post photos with my call sign etc for an interested party. I'd be looking for a decent HF rig (IC-7300 for example) I'd also need a power supply. I would also need some cash obviously since a used 7300 is in the $800 to 900 range but particulars could be worked out.

I'm really just curious if this kind of things would drum up any interest or if I should just return it to Amazon and use paypal to purchase my items?

Thank you for your time and attention.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

If you return it, The money will most likely go on a Amazon gift card. But maybe a seller on Amazon is selling the radio that you want.

Good Luck.

3. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

This implies to me , that budget is an issue ?
    So to keep in that idea , just remember the most important part of ham radio performance is the antenna , a $20,000 dollar transceiver is not going to make much difference when the antenna is minimal , compared to a $150 dollar radio & a hundred or so spent at the hardware store , building a good antenna system .
    http://www.hilberling.de/en/en_pro/pro_pt8000.htm
    Hobbies can get out-of-hand , real quick , but not with my budget ;)