ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2WH

K2WH Will You Follow Dogma or Will You Be Original Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Thanks for stating that, I was tempted but didn't go there.

N3AB likes this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see anything there that would make me think that.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

I've seen CBers with lots of home built stuff and expensive equipment, and yet they were still utter morons who embraced all the fallacies that abound among those folks. Some became hams, and still embraced those beliefs, then whined because they keep blowing up amps and radios.

4. WD8T

WD8T Ham Member QRZ Page

] Some were trolled but some trolled the troll.

Personally since i found this product my swr's problems are in the rear view mirror.

e150b8e65b5fefea77af8b626e972b37.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 12:36 AM
    K2CAJ and K1ZJH like this.
  5. KD3WB

KD3WB Ham Member QRZ Page

As mentioned by others, you will have to add radials to your setup. Three or four. Conventional theory says about a hundred and two inches each, but you are using a shortened radiator, so they probably have to be shorter than that. It's actually easier to build a full wave loop(37 feet) or an inverted vee(about a hundred and two inches per leg, depending on the angle between the two legs). If you have a balun and build the loop or the vee, use it, but you might try it without one first.

Ben

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 2:55 AM
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Guilty as charged. A well-played troll post in the classic style.

7. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

:) I always wondered how many SWR'zzzzzzzzzzzzz there were in ONE feedline!:D

N3AB likes this.
  8. KJ4ADN

KJ4ADN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, be careful with that stuff, someone might have pealed off the UHF sticker, you want the CB grade, 11 meter stuff - don't take their word for it!
    Chicken fat works as a temporary six to keep it slick so the SWRs slide easier...

In all seriousness, bond the braid of the coax to the pipe you mounted the antenna to, for a vertical dipole.