HF Mobile I'm back!

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by W7LPN, Jul 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7LPN

W7LPN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys. Been off here for years. I used to run a Texas Bug Catcher 4" coil on a 4' mast mounted on the pickup towing receiver hitch. Had A big cap hat & a whip & total height just barely under legal. I busted dx pile ups with ease, acted as mobile 80 net control often. I was acused of running an amplifier often, but never did. My install used a 2 position unun & had to meticulously fine tune taps for each band with my favorite freqs. I had great mentors like K0BG Allen Applegate et al, & give all credit for the knowledge happily garnered from them. I am finally returning to ham in a big way with the Hi Q Piranha 5/80. I 2016-07-19 12.40.10.png hq-piranha5-400x480.jpg have waited patiently for years & finally got one. I can't overstate my enthusiasm at returning to mobileering and look forward to years of mountaintop DXing as well as 80m rag chewing. 73 & hope to greet you on the air!

W1GHS likes this.
  2. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome back to mobileering. Looks like you will be having lots of mobile fun with that bad boy.

3. W7LPN

W7LPN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm very hopeful. I also bought the EB6 egg beater cap hat so looking foreward to stomping on all but the 6" coils with amplifiers...lol most of you know the feeling of busting a pile-up....

4. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks downright "atomic"! ;) Good luck! I'm savin' my pennies for this same antenna

W7LPN likes this.