Wanted HF AMP

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K7HN, May 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K7HN

K7HN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great to know! Thank you so much! So I’m assuming that my internal tuner in the IC 7300 wouldn’t do the job then? I would still need an external tuner? I truly appreciate your help very much!

2. K7HN

I’m trying to work with ham radio deluxe but I am having a real difficult time with it connecting to my radio. I’m not sure if it’s the computer or what. I’m running windows seven so that should work but it won’t even decode CW. Trying pretty hard to get it all taken care of. I’ll talk with the people at HRD to see if they can help me with that and then maybe try some FSK or CW. Really do appreciate your help my friend. It’s nice to meet you.

3. K7HN

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you again to you Dave for your reply. It gives me hope that what I have is good enough and that makes me very happy and encouraged. Hope we can have a QSO soon.

Blessings,
    Larry

4. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you would need a new tuner for the final amplifier. The matching network should be the first thing the antenna is plugged into. The 7300 would only be matching the interface between the finals of the 7300 and the input to the amplifier, which will already be matched.

Here is how it looks now:

IC7300 Final Amplifier (inside the radio) -----> Internal Antenna Tuner -----> Antenna

And here is what it will look like with an external amplifier:

IC7300 Final Amplifier (inside the radio) -----> External RF Amplifier ------> External Antenna Tuner -------> Antenna

You will actually want to disable the antenna tuner in the IC-7300 to use it with an external amplifier.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  5. W5YAG

W5YAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for my delay in replying. This is 100% correct. Even if it wasn't and you could use the internal tuner you would burn it out putting that much power into it.

W2JKT likes this.
  6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.