ad: Alphaant-1

Hey Girls Please Post - What got you into amateur radio?

Discussion in 'The YL Zone' started by K3JEN, Nov 1, 2015.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K8VSY

K8VSY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I originally got in to ham radio by way of Number Stations. I remember reading about them in my college days on the Internet and I wanted to get a radio to listen to them. I got my radio before I got my license. I got interested in the technology of the radio and never looked back. I originally got licensed in 2011 and only during COVID did I start getting more active. I spend most of my time on HF these days.

K8PG likes this.
  2. AI5DL

AI5DL Ham Member QRZ Page

right now I can tell you what has kept me in ham radio. my husband had a general license and put up a station. i couldn't talk on the frequency that he was on so I got my general last February. that stinker got his extra in May so I started hitting the books and I just passed the test and got mine as you can see by my new call sign. I changed it to a five land call. My previous call sign was KA7GFY for 40 plus years. it was hard to give up but I got the new one that i wanted so like the first one it is a keeper!! AI5DL

KO4ESA, K8PG, N0TZU and 1 other person like this.
  3. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Passed the technician test June 2020.
    Passed the General test December 2020.
    Passed the Extra test April 2021.
    I’m 54 years old and just decided it was time for me to get into the amateur radio hobby.
    KO4ESA
    WRJR757

W7UUU, K8PG, N0TZU and 1 other person like this.
  4. M7NYH

M7NYH Ham Member QRZ Page

well done !

i did my UK foundation in June 2020 and my Intermediate in April 2021

73 de 2E0NYH / M7NYH

N0TZU and KO4ESA like this.
  5. KO4ESA

Just spoke to one of the men from the local ham radio club. Since I passed the Extra test in April,a lot of the men now want to take the Extra test.
    It takes a woman to motivate the men to take the test. Seems a lot of the men were satisfied with being technician or general license.
    I hope the women will also be motivated to get their license.

KP4SX, W7UUU, M7NYH and 2 others like this.
  6. PD0YL

PD0YL Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome. Normally, this is the other way around. I'm also going for the extra next October. Is a 2 year study, but go and try it anyway

KO4ESA and M7NYH like this.
  7. KO4ESA

Excellent. You will pass it.

W7UUU likes this.
  8. KO4ESA

Excellent. Congratulations on your Extra class license.

W7UUU likes this.