ad: NI4L-2

Hey girls are you Being told "88" by random men on air?

Discussion in 'The YL Zone' started by KC2IAY, Sep 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes the guys thread that was out there only lasted a few days before it was locked.

2. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I read the whole thread over there just now to see what their problem was... Most was pretty funny. But by the last page things burst into flames pretty fast after the last couple posts. I don't desire to provoke that one. Lots of anger in some of these guys.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. KM4ATT

KM4ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 14 and my voice is unmistakably a YLs. lol. I sometimes get a 73 and 88's from a random person on the air, but I don't take it literally or personally. Tbh I don't reply with an 88, I usually say 73 and hope to work you again or something random like that.
    Thanks for starting this, tho! I enjoy reading other YLs posts...

73 y'all

Oh, and btw I hear 33 a lot from other YLs on the air? I think it's jes sumthin YLs say to YLs but couldn't find a definite definition anywhere
    Any help? Thanks!

MI0YLT likes this.
  4. N1WAE

N1WAE Ham Member QRZ Page

When I first got into Ham radio I had gotten 73 and 88 from different people and it never bothered me. My ex OM would always say it to me as he should when we were together but if others said it I never got offended nor did he. To me it was just radio lingo.

MI0YLT likes this.
  5. KM4ATT

KM4ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly

MI0YLT likes this.